Please Help Me Remember!

I was crocheting my little heart out this evening using one of my favorite hooks, an Addi Turbo in a size "I" and it broke! :eek I can't remember where I ordered it from. I checked Herschners and they have every size BUT an "I". Can someone out there help me...PLEASE! :help

I have Addi knitting needles but not crochet hooks. How are they? You obviously like yours enough to hunt for another. Tell me about them...

I absolutely LOVE them! The way that the hook is makes for very smooth crocheting. It helps my stitches look better and my gauge is more accurate with them. Someone here turned me on to them but for the life of me, I can't remeber who! God bless the menopausal woman!!! :lol

Thanks Angelfire...I will check on ebay!

Hugs to you...I just ordered one! THANK YOU SO MUCH ~ I knew I could count on the Ville Gals!

You can order the Skacel(Addi) crochet hooks from http://www.needlepointjoint.com. You can call the number on their web site or send your order to them. I recently ordered Inox crochet hooks from them and really like them.

They were quick to ship. I got my order within a week, although I'm in VA and they are in Utah and I sent my order in with a check.

Beverly

You can order the Skacel(Addi) crochet hooks from www.needlepointjoint.com. You can call the number on their web site or send your order to them. I recently ordered Inox crochet hooks from them and really like them.

They were quick to ship. I got my order within a week, although I'm in VA and they are in Utah and I sent my order in with a check.

Beverly

Thanks for the info. What is an Inox hook? I wish they showed a picture of the hooks.

Some of the Inox hooks have plastic handles - sizes B thru I. They don't show size G, but I ordered the smaller sizes since they are the ones I need a larger handle on. They probably are similar to the Addi crochet hooks. The Needlepoint Joint lists Skacel hooks, metal with plastic handles in sizes A thru J. I just happened to stumble on this site. They aren't generally listed in a search for crochet or knitting. They also offer some Skacel afghan hooks which I ordered, but haven't tried yet.

Beverly

Some of the Inox hooks have plastic handles - sizes B thru I. They don't show size G, but I ordered the smaller sizes since they are the ones I need a larger handle on. They probably are similar to the Addi crochet hooks. The Needlepoint Joint lists Skacel hooks, metal with plastic handles in sizes A thru J. I just happened to stumble on this site. They aren't generally listed in a search for crochet or knitting. They also offer some Skacel afghan hooks which I ordered, but haven't tried yet.

Beverly

Just tried the Skacel afghan hook, size E last night. I'm not impressed. Seems that that the hook isn't completely smooth as I would expect...seems to have a tiny catch or snag on the very tip. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I was hoping to do some tunisian crochet using size 3 crochet thread. Guess I'll have to settle for the Boye size F, but I don't like working with the 14 inch hook...much prefer something a little shorter. The Skacel hooks are 12 inches which is easier for me to manuever. Wish Inox made an afghan hook.

Beverly

I had heard about the Inox hooks and bought a set of them. They are so nice to work with, very easy to hold. I have noticed that my middle finger (which is the only one that gives me a problem) has not ached since I started using them.

I had heard about the Inox hooks and bought a set of them. They are so nice to work with, very easy to hold. I have noticed that my middle finger (which is the only one that gives me a problem) has not ached since I started using them.

Although I have many of the larger sizes of Boye crochet hooks, I plan to order more of the larger Inox hooks as soon as I think I can splurge on them. They really aren't that expensive $2.45 - $2.95 each plus shipping, but am trying not to spend unless absolutely necessary...the way things are going inflationwise, might need that money for food, lol.

Beverly

The yarn size Inox hooks are usually under the name Prym. Try running a search for Prym hooks and you will see them.

The best known site I know to get the Addi hooks is Herrschners.

http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-014400__id-2309.html

Check it out.

That was the first place I checked but they don't carry a size "I".

Archived