Crafters Coast To Coast

Has anyone seen this show on HGTV? I just watched it today, found it by chance channel surfing. It had some cute projects, a bird mobile, a memory book type thing (lol) and a YARN embellished purse. It was really cute...and she had some of her yarn stuck in those shoe holders that hang up in your closet. You know, with the pockets to hold your shoes? Thought that was a neat idea and so was her purse.

I am going to be on the look out for the show from now on. I don't have DIY as you have to order the cable box and whole enchilada to get the channel and we don't have the money right now. But anyway it was a really cute show.

I watch it whenever I can! My friend Lindsey was on an episode just a couple weeks ago for "dream jars" and a fabric bag.

I'm not sure about the shoe holder idea ... how much yarn would that actually hold?? I can't imagine it would be terribly practical. I'll have to see if I can catch it later tonight.

I'm not sure about the shoe holder idea ... how much yarn would that actually hold?? I can't imagine it would be terribly practical. I'll have to see if I can catch it later tonight.

Ha! I don't know how pratical it would be, I just thought it was funny to see yarn in the shoe holders instead of shoes!;) You know, some people are shoe fanatics...some are yarn fanatics....some are both...:lol

I watch it whenever I catch it on. I like the little segments of ordinary people crafting and the amazing things they make. DIY and HGTV are my 2 fav stations.

Hi Jesse, I have visited the TV show on the internet. I don't get the channel. They have crochet projects also. http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/141104423

I can only dream about having with their many ideas. But enjoy seeing the creativity of others.

I just stopped by your Blog site. You have a lovely site. Adorable childrens patterns. The little blue hat, I just love. Do you have a pattern for it? I would love to surprise the granddaughters.

Have a good day,

Blessings, Mary

If anyone has the chance, they should check out "Craft Corner Deathmatch" on the Style Network. It's hillarious! :rofl

Crafters compete against each other then against the "Craft Lady of Steel." And the host is a riot. At the same time, you can pick up some cool crafting ideas.

Susana

If anyone has the chance, they should check out "Craft Corner Deathmatch" on the Style Network. It's hillarious! :rofl

Crafters compete against each other then against the "Craft Lady of Steel." And the host is a riot. At the same time, you can pick up some cool crafting ideas.

Susana

I've seen a few episodes, and I'm still not quite sure how to take it. **snicker** Either it's a total SPOOF, in which case it's hilarious. But if they think they're a serious reality-craft show...well then it's kinda scarey. Lol!

The yelling and karate kicks certainly are um....different. And what's UP with the Craft Lady of Steel? Even the Iron Chef cracks a smile now and then. WHO is she anyway? And what's up with the Goth-like assistant?

I haven't made up my mind about this show. :goodorbad

I have a number of friends that use the shoe holder -- the big ones that hold ~50-100 pairs of shoes hold a fair amount of yarn and you can easily organize by color.

That said, I won't use anything open to the elements, so I don't use anything like that. :)

Hi Jesse,

I just stopped by your Blog site. You have a lovely site. Adorable childrens patterns. The little blue hat, I just love. Do you have a pattern for it? I would love to surprise the granddaughters.

Blessings, Mary

Hi Mary! Thanks for visitng my blog! The blue hat is actually not my pattern, but it is a pattern of a great girl from here, Amy. Here is the link:)

http://hookandi.blogspot.com/2005/05/blossom-baby-hat.html

Enjoy! It is a great pattern, fast,easy, and too cute!

I actually use a 'shoe' holder for my yarn. I hang it from the closet rod and put my yarn in it. My holder acutally has several larger holes for sweaters and then smaller ones for shoes. It holds quite a bit of yarn and takes up very little space in the closet. I can see every color I have. I keep the closet door closed, so it is relatively dust free.

I've seen that Craft corner death match. It is soooooo funny :lol . It's almost like stopping to look at a traffic accident. You know you shouldn't but you just can't help it.

Hmm. I haven't seen the craft corner, I will have to check it out.

As for the shoe holder....I wonder...if you threw a sheet over it, with a hole for the hanger...that would be sure to keep out the dust? It might be neat to keep the yarn for your WIP's or WIM's in. Of course, for the WIM's I'd need a lot of them....lol. I wish I had the DIY but I don't. For now I'll keep watching crafters coast to coast and keep an eye for the craft corner match...sounds very interesting:D

Archived