Dollar Store Find-two corkers/knitting knobbies

Yesterday, I was wandering around The Dollar Store (Dollar Tree chain) and in the toy department found this"

th_DSC00557.jpg

It has two sizes of knitty knobbies (corkers)(Makes the knitted chains for handbag straps. You got the knitting knobbies, a little bit of yarn, a needle to use for the knobby, a plastic yarn needle, a pom-pom maker and full instructions. It also came in the nifty box all for $1.00!

I saw a set at Target for $5.99 that was one knobby.

Now, the instructions are only for the knobby and I guess if you didn't know what a pom-pom maker was, you would not know what to do, but what a deal. I have a wooden one, but this is nice because it came with the larger size too! It's from Dollar Tree (the chain out of Virginia). I looked for the plastic twine too, but no luck!

I went to Dollar Tree, and while the local one didn't have any, they did have these "Crochet Your Own" sets. It has a larger round loom, a hook, some eyelash yarn, and a few pompoms, and you're supposed to make a purse with it. I bought one for my oldest daughter, but she doesn't want to have anything to do with it. She wants the purse, but she wants me to make it for her instead of doing it herself.:reyes

• 3 weeks later...

That's what our Dollar Tree had, the little purses. I'd rather have the knitty knobbies and pom-pom maker.

Oh well, can't always have what we want ;)

:frog

Archived