What is this stuff and where is it at?

This might be a little off topic but I've been crocheting some toys for my dd and am stuck. She has several toys that have the stuff in them that makes a crinkle sound when she plays with them. What is that stuff and where in the world can I find it? Anyone know? I've tried searching online but keep finding toys with it already in them. In my mind its a thicker celophane type stuff but I don't want to have to take apart one of her toys to find out.

I just want the stuff to put inside some toys for her. Its kind of hard to find something when you don't know what it's called! :think

Try flower/gift shops. Ask if they have the cellophane that's used to wrap bouquets or gift/fruit baskets. You could also try cutting up plastic grocery bags. Crinkle different bags to find the right sound, some are thicker than others. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Ellie 13

It sounds like what they put in "crinkle sacks" a toy for cats and ferrets. Everybody seems to be making bags and tunnels out of the stuff, here's one place you can buy it http://sewwithsarah.com/htm/parade.htm (it's actually called crinkle material on this site) Great idea Ellie! You could probably also get cellophane at craft stores or they might sell the ready-made fabric-y stuff at a big fabric or hobby store. Good luck finding it!

Oh, this was in an ad below our posts http://www.CelloDepot.net

Toy manufacturers used to use kapok for stuffing, which is nothing more than shredded straw. I don't recommend that for young children though. You can find it in craft stores.

i was looking for the same stuff too. you get it free in the mail all the time. next time you get a bill in the mail with one of those see-thru windows, tear it off the envelope and use that. it's super krinkly. and it's free. and you're recycling. :)

Archived