How do you buy your craft supplies?

How do you buy your crafting Supplies?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you buy your crafting Supplies?

• I cruise the craft stores.
    • I buy online.
    • Both

LOL!! This is the ONLY reason I bring DH along. If he complains once about taking too long or even the fact we are there, he pays! Sometimes he thinks the $$$ is worth getting me out of the store!!

I am thinking of purchasing online, but my problem is that alot of the time I am afraid that I am getting "cheated". I buy my eyes, noses, and accessories at different stores, but they are starting to get scarce. Hobby Lobby I have been told is the best but the closest is 2 hrs away!

Personal opinion: What websites do you all think are the best for selection, price, shipping and service? Mostly for accessories. I don't think I will be buying my yarn online since I enjoy the petting. Unless I get the "staple" supply of RH.

Mostly, I buy online from Joann - especially when they have free shipping with no minimum. They have the best selection of crochet hooks and knitting needles. I'm trying another place for some crochet hooks that no one else seems to offer - not even Joann...more about that when I receive them in a week or so...will post the web address if I'm satisfied.

If I want a large quantity of yarn or thread then I might take advantage of sales online, especially at Joann. Hope to try Peaches 'n Creme online some time or http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/ since I've read good things about them here and at Knitting Help.

Beverly

I like browsing the craft stores. I can get the product cheaper if I buy it at the craft store, because of the shipping. except if im buying books, then I usually buy them online.

Kim

I love craft stores. There is a hobby lobby about two blocks north of me, we have 2 speciality yarn stores and two walmarts!! I don't have a joanns or michaels now that we have moved. The great state of WY has no joanns at all.

I personally buy mostly from stores, however I do order online for somethings. I'll buy most yarns at a store within my 45 mile area. There are things that I just can't get in my area though; like knitpicks yarn I love their yarns. I also buy in bulk. I would say 95% of the bulk items are ordered online. But I haven't been buying items in bulk recently. It goes in cycles with me.

I try and buy at the craft stores, but they are not very good, so I end up buying on line.

Problem with buying on line is shipping cost and some places charge you a fee if you do not spend at least $100.00.:eek

Unless I know the yarn, I don't like to buy online. I was going to order Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn but I happened across a Hobby Lobby over spring break, and got to check it out there! It was amazing! I'm excited to try it out! I mainly will not buy online because its expensive if you don't end up liking the yarn...you usually pay so much in shipping, plus ordering so that you have enough of the yarn! Patterns I would buy online as well, or order books from Amazon.

Archived