Pillow Cases/Table cloths to embroider?

battlemaiden

Question

My mom told me that the pillow cases and table cloths we have with crocheted lace were all done by my great grandmother. My mom said that you could buy table clothes, pillow cases, etc. with prepunched holes in them to add a crocheted border. Does anyone know if you can still buy these things and where?

5 answers to this question

I have seen bibs and tea towels in my local craft store for adding borders too, but nothing larger. You might try searching the internet for tablecloth blanks?, tablecloth crochet border?. Something along those lines. Don't know if they are out there, but I find nowadays, if it is it is more than likely on the net. You could also buy the premade table cloths and just crochet into the serged seam edge. Pillow cases if you have a sewing machine, just run a basting stitch along the edge and crochet into that.

I have some towels and pillowcases that were given to me by my great aunt and great grandmother that are similar. However, they did the needlework, then stitched it on there with thread (some are with a sewing machine). I have made a few sets for wedding gifts and it's really easy to stitch on the item.

Good luck

Donna

Archived