Shrugs

creativegoodness

Question

I just posted this in the "other crochet topics" for whatever reason I don't know....I am on overload right now sorry everyone :blush

:rant

I know of only 2 crocheted shrug patterns on the net. And looking at the Knitting Pattern Central they have such cute ones! Anyone know of any other patterns, maybe even in leaflets or such?

Thanks all:hug

Yes, I had seem that one. I was thinking about it but not sure I like it. I know I don't like the cuff part, but I am sure that can be easily changed. I guess I will have to try them all and see which one I like the best......:lol

I saw that, I love it Amy!!! Great job, and she is so so cute!! I love how happy she looks in that!! Can't wait for the pattern:hook

Here's a new shrug--I'll have the pattern written up in a few days...

http://hookandi.blogspot.com/2005/05/selma-shrugs.html

Cheers,

A

Have you seen this one? It's beautiful!

I hadn't seen those, thanks so much for the link. It really is beautiful, all those patterns are. I may have to invest in some of them!

Here's a link for an easy shrug....

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/mar99_crochet.html

Yes, thank you. That is one that I was looking at. I believe I will give it a try. I didn't like how the directions are all shoved together and such, but oh well. Thank you!

Well, now I have to go and look at your site because I didn't realize you had directions up for another one, I thought you had just made this

I guess I need to pay more attention:blush It was those directions that I found confusing and all shoved together at first, but I sat and sorted it out, it looks alright.

Anyway, I am off to look at your site and see what I missed:lol

I just realized that I hadn't actually posted the directions when I posted last time. What Chiscrochetcrazy posted is the same as what I put on my site, but now, there is a picture to help it make a bit more sense.

It is only an outline. The specific instructions for the one I made need a bit more tweaking before I post those.

Let me know if they could be improved.

What don't you like about the directions on my site? Are they not specific enough? I was thinking of posting a graphic to go along with it to make it clearer. I also have a write up of my shrug that I plan to post as well.

Have fun with the bed jacket! The one on Craftster is awesome, isn't it?

Well, now I have to go and look at your site because I didn't realize you had directions up for another one, I thought you had just made this

I guess I need to pay more attention:blush It was those directions that I found confusing and all shoved together at first, but I sat and sorted it out, it looks alright.

Anyway, I am off to look at your site and see what I missed:lol

Thanks ladies.

Alisha, I had seen that, she did a version of one of the 2 that I know of...I'm not really sure if I want to make that one....I don't really lilke the directions.

Crochetfun...isn't that one great? I don't know if it's a shrug either but I love it. Unfortunately, I am not a diagram or schematic kinda girl...at least not yet anyway. I need some written directions or something...lol. That is why I can't make the one posted in the original patterns here. And the directions for the original at softmemories are weird...at least to me.

I wish I was good enough to just know how to make one. Alisha, I may just have to give it a go and improvise or something. Thanks for your help!!

What don't you like about the directions on my site? Are they not specific enough? I was thinking of posting a graphic to go along with it to make it clearer. I also have a write up of my shrug that I plan to post as well.

Have fun with the bed jacket! The one on Craftster is awesome, isn't it?

I'm working on a couple of shrug patterns too--I should have them available in a few days. One's an openwork pattern, and the other is ribbed.

Coralie,

I will go and see what she has, thank you. I don't think i've seen her site. I saw the 2 shrugs on Crochet Pattern Central and the few from Craftster.

Crochetfun, I have decided that the "bed jacket" one is too pretty to pass up. Even though I am still looking for shrug patterns, I am also going to try the bed jacket/shrug.:hook

Thanks!!

Coralie, I am also going to try the bed jacket/shrug.:hook

Thanks!!

:cheer Good for you! Me too:) (Just as soon as I finish some more on my WIP list:lol )

Crochet me Magazine had some good articles on increase/decrease. I think it's really useful for this one.(last couple of issues.)

Coralie,

I will go and see what she has, thank you. I don't think i've seen her site. I saw the 2 shrugs on Crochet Pattern Central and the few from Craftster.

Crochetfun, I have decided that the "bed jacket" one is too pretty to pass up. Even though I am still looking for shrug patterns, I am also going to try the bed jacket/shrug.:hook

Thanks!!

There is another one at craftsters in Loveknot, can't remember how it is written out. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35101.0

I find working w. schematics a great deal easier than trying to get something to the right size after a pattern. ( still working on my gauge- measuring skills)

I am working on the Tanktop and the Pink Shrug right now, they are both fine.

(I am fairly new at crochet, most people here have a lot more experience):)

Thanks ladies.

Alisha, I had seen that, she did a version of one of the 2 that I know of...I'm not really sure if I want to make that one....I don't really lilke the directions.

Crochetfun...isn't that one great? I don't know if it's a shrug either but I love it. Unfortunately, I am not a diagram or schematic kinda girl...at least not yet anyway. I need some written directions or something...lol. That is why I can't make the one posted in the original patterns here. And the directions for the original at softmemories are weird...at least to me.

I wish I was good enough to just know how to make one. Alisha, I may just have to give it a go and improvise or something. Thanks for your help!!

Archived