Anxious for Wheel

xantha

5:39 A.M.......ALEXANDRIA, VA, US ....... OUT FOR DELIVERY

Aiiiiiiii! Why do I have to work today!! :)

Normally I'd be a little bummed that DH is going out of town on business for a couple of days, but not this time (he leaves today)! :ha

hee!

this is me reloading the ups tracking page at work over and over and over again!

[i know my UPS guy usually shows up at the house around 1230, so I'm going home for lunch today and I will wait ... :) ]

Yeah, it finally came. :c9 I was stalking the UPS guy and then he snuck up onto my steps and just left it while I was home for lunch!

I ended up buying the Lendrum DT, but I got the package that also comes with the fast flyer (but not the super duper insanely fast flyer-- that may be a future upgrade) and the plying head. The Woolery had a really good deal and this was the wheel I liked best at MD S+W. :)

Holly had the same experience at MD S+W and ended up with the same wheel (only she bought it at S+W). Funny!

I'm still having some minor problems right now -- I had no problems spinning decently on this wheel at s+w but I'm having some problems currently, so I'm messing with some adjusments and I hope to have something at least semi-decent by the end of the night. :ha

Yayyy! I'm glad she's there safely!

What kind of issues are you having? I ended up changing the rubber band on my tension string. The band that was there was too long for me and I couldn't turn the tension up as much as I wanted to without the rubber band getting stuck on the bobbin. I just used a shorter rubber band. And may I say, how much I love that it is just a rubber band, not some obscure part that you'd have to special order :cheer

Holly

Ahh, much better!

I messed with the brake tension for forever before I got it to spin quite right. I suspect I will be changing that rubber band + string fairly soon.

Once I got it though, it was all good!

[except for the sliding around on the carpet, I'll either move it upstairs to the hardwoods or set up a gripper mat for it.]

Ohhh fun. :manyheart

I have a special mat that I use for my wheel. I don't use it in the living room, but for outside when we go camping if I am just out on the concrete. Our old house had hardwood floors and I used it there too. ;)

Kimberly, what's your mat like? Is it like a welcome mat but with extra gripping stuff? :)

I was so tempted to *coughcough* call in sick today, but I managed to make it in to work. :devil

Archived