Advice for this yarn

As some of you know Hobby Lobby usually does 99 cent deals on some of their fun yarn. A long while back they had this "Beguile" yarn on sale. I grabbed some in different colors but its been sitting in my stash and I have no idea what to make with it

I guess its what you would call a ribbon yarn maybe 3/4 inch wide.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

th_030508006.jpg

I've used fun fur and some of the other so called fun stuff to edge scarves and afghans - if I have enough for the afghan. How about a pillow casing for a pillow form.

I don't have the patience to do a whole project with "yarn" like that but it does make for a perky edging or small projects. Have fun!

anna

How about scrunchies? I just go to the dollar store and get the packs of 14 ponytail bands for $1 and make them up with all the wierd fun fur and stuff. I made about $200 dollars once....made up gallon size bags of them in all yarns and colors and sold them for a dollar each. Hubby took them to work with him at the ambulance company and hit all the girls up and the people that had daughters.

I also used some to trim some doll clothes I made for my stepdaughter's dress up Dora doll. And I trimmed some little girls purses , scarves and hat sets that I made one Christmas. Someone saw the set and I ended up making about 8 sets for commission. :hook

I made hats and more hats ... used 1 strand of this with 1 strand of wool for beautiful hats for some friends in snow country. They loved them....very easy christmas gift. Plastic bag holders are adorable...have also seen children vests made in this and my neighbor has a poncho her mother made up in this type of yarn. It is warm and beautiful.

I used it on flip flop straps.I have also seen it used in afghans for a single row every so many rows. I have also used it to make a scarf with, using one strand of red heart with it.I dont care for it either, I still have alot I have to figure out what to use it for.

Kim

Archived