Comfort pack

yocs22

Here is my comfort pack from crochet me pattern here:http://crochetme.com/patterns/comfort-pack

I LOVE this... couldn't find flax seeds so I had to use rice, but I also added a few herbal tea bags to the rice so that it will smell nice. I used a little under 2 balls of peaches n cream yarn in the color earthtone and the pattern is really easy!

Thanks for looking :manyheart

"]th_Picture553.jpg

CLICKABLE

th_Picture549.jpg

Hi Amy it looks nice..

I want to make one for me and one for my sister but can;t find that Flax seeds either so did you try yours out yet and if so how many cups of rice did you use for yours....???

Please let me know..

I have made two of these in various sizes, and plan on making one more for a face-mask heat pack to use when I have one of my at least once-a-month killer headaches. They are so easy to customize!

Problems with finding flax seeds? :2eek Can't believe it, cause I see them in nearly all supermarkets over here! They are taken to boost digestion, maybe with muesli or cereals or with yoghurt...

But for heat packs I have another suggestion - I use spelt or even spelt husks. When heated they smell some kind of popcorn-ish and I like that :D

Or try cleaned, dry cherry pits - works great, too.

Hi Amy it looks nice..

I want to make one for me and one for my sister but can;t find that Flax seeds either so did you try yours out yet and if so how many cups of rice did you use for yours....???

Please let me know..

Hi,

Thanks for all the good comments! :manyheart

I used mine this morning for my back... I used about 2 and 1/2 cups of rice. with the tea bags it smelled pretty good, you can still smell the rice, just a little though.

Very nice, I like the color! I am on my 3rd one of these. Isn't this the greatest pattern? I found flax seeds at a local health food store, the first time I bought them I got ripped off, $5.95 for a one pound bag! I went to a different health food store and they sell them in bulk for $0.82 per pound!!! I would suggest really trying to find the flax seeds though, they hold heat soooo much longer than rice! Good job on yours! :)

So nice to see this thread. Someone else posted the link a while ago, and I just started the pattern tonight.(The cro. part). :crochetingIt's a very easy stitch. I'm using Bernat Handicrafter Potpourri ombre (beige with flecks of wine, purple, tourquoise, pink etc). Love the colours you used, going to look for it. This pattern would make nice gifts. When I get to the sewen bag, I think I'll make a bunch up at a time, so i'll have them ready, without having to interupt my crochet!:D. Jan.

Archived