Beginner CAL - Granny Square Bag Anyone?

kilikina

Hey, everyone,

This is one I've meant to do for a long time. I know it's kind of a beginner piece, and this could be quite a short CAL, but it'd still be nice if anyone else is working on it - or wants to - to see how others are coming along.

It's a granny square bag from Joann's website, and it's REALLY cute!

Here's the link:

Cute Granny Square Bag

Anyone?? :)

I'll do one with you! I am working on a couple of projects to use up my stash so all my yarn is out in the family room. I have a couple of varigates that I need to do something with so I'm all set! I'll start tomorrow. But I must warn you- my life is hectic so I work on things in spurts. This one may take me two weeks. Seriously!

Oh.. Two weeks.. wow, that's quick! :D

I'll have to concentrate on it whole heartedly to get it done that fast. Ok.. the crochet part should be ok.. it's the lining that I dread. My sewing machine is back in Florida.. oh the horror!!

But, I'm really glad to have you along. How fun :)

I love your earthy tone colours. At the moment I am trying to get some Dora clothes done for my niece. She is having a new little sister any day and my Mum asked her if she could take Dora home to her place for a holiday until Wednesday when they have to visit again to help move house. In that amount of time, I hope to get a few outfits done.

After Wednesday, I may give this one a go, so that I can practise lining. I can always use it for an Easter present for my Goddaughter. Will check back in then.

Ok.. here's the first installment. :cheer

DSCF1782.jpg

You are working too fast for me !!! :lol I am going to start tonight.

Hey- Nice colors- Mine is going to be very similar. I'll post a picture tonight.

Lorraine

Working too fast? :O That's a few days work right there! :D Can't wait to see the pictures!!!! :)

Let me see.. what type of yarn did I get... I looked it up - it's a Lion Brand Suede Yarn called "Vineyard Print." They have a few different prints - all VERY pretty.

I'd be interested in joining as well. I've not done anything that needed a lining before. Should be fun! My little sister will love it! Yay! :cheer

Here is what I have so far...:cheer

(clickable image)

th_DSC01887.jpg

I know it's kinda bright but I thought it would be good for Easter for my 11 year old little sister. :D

I changed up the colors a bit (I like to make it "my own", you know? :lol) and I only did 8 rounds. It seems the color pattern worked out best that way! :clap

**Random thought** That orange is FABULOUS! This picture just doesn't do it justice!! Red Heart SS #0354 Vibrant Orange.

Wow, great job! I like the suedey texture but have never used it - yet.

Here's a link to help you girls with your lining. Some are for machine sewing and some are for hand sewing (ugh)

I did a groovy bag on the groove-along cal that is very similar. I'm working on a 2nd bag with different colors, and have one to do for a friend! I used a machine to do my lining.

There's a pic of it on my blog if you want to see.

Good luck you all and have fun!!

O one thing I wanted to add...I used redheart ww and what i've noticed on mine from where I use it, it's starting to get fuzzies on the side that rubs against my clothes.

I think in the future I will probably use cotton or try the suede-y yarns.

I also haven't washed it yet, so that may even help. I'm fairly new to crocheting too, so if you have any suggestions to prevent the fuzzies, let me know!

Kilikina, I forgot to mention that I love :manyheart the colors you picked out and I agree with everyone else....that velvety looking one is fabulous! Great job so far!! :cheer

Hi Kilikina,

Yes, it is the Vanna afghan. I love the colors and the Vanna yarn is really nice to work with. I just mailed it off to Virginia to our 93 year old great grandma. Thanks for visiting my blog. As soon as I finish some work I have to get done tonight I'm planning to do some looking around at other's blogs too. I'll look forward to seeing your projects. Have a great night!

I love the granny bag!! Just too cute. It'll make a great summer bag :yes:yes I've never done any kind of lining either but I can sew a bit. Never sewed on anything I've crocheted before :think happy to give it a try :clap

Archived