Handwashing...

I just thought I would throw in this... I worked in a fabric store for years and years... lotion can cause problems with cottons. BUT there are some very good lotions that we sold at Hancock Fabrics that are oil free and stain free. They are designed for us with really dry skin and loving to work with any fibers! I really enjoy these lotions.... they don't give me the "greased pig" feel!

My sister and I both wash our hands since she had something happen to a tree skirt she was crocheting. She made a mistake and had to rip out several rows. We were visiting our mom and step-dad at the time and he offered to ball the yarn as she was frogging it. She of course let him help not realizing that because he smoked he was just coating the yarn with nicotine! Even after she finished the tree skirt and washed it you could see the difference from the frogging point and the first part she had done. Sure was glad it was just for her and not one she made to sale!

That was a very visual reason for cleanliness to us.

Depends on what I'm doing...if I've just been cleaning out the fireplace grate or I just blew my nose or something like that, then yes, I'd wash my hands first. Otherwise, I figure I wash items before use or before I give them away anyway, so I don't get too hung up on it.

Archived