Geometrics--A New Way to Crochet

Gentle One

I'm very intrigued by this book, but can't seem to find it in stock at Borders or Barnes and Noble (I'd like to look through a copy before I buy it), and the library doesn't have it, either.

Does anyone here have it, or read it/looked through it who would be so kind as to give a review?

Thanks ever so!

It is beautiful to look at, but I've never actually made anything from it, either.

Same here.

I like the doormat and the seven-pointed star afghan on the front. The other things aren't things I'd actually make. It's an expensive book to have and not use, so I'm actually thinking of putting mine on eBay.

Thanks to all of you for your replies; I think I will get it, as I, too, am fascinated by geometry.

(Happy Stitcher--I hope you get a very good price for it; Alibris is showing one on their site listed at just under US$200. It hasn't sold yet, perhaps because the book is in publication and available for much less on order from Amazon and B&N. I didn't see anything in that listing at Alibris that I thought would justify that price, particularly since all the others on the list were in the $19 - $22 (US) range. Ah, well--we all have our dreams.)

Check the price of it used on Amazon. Often the books listed by the used book dealers are actually brand new.

It is a gorgeous book, but the projects look pretty difficult to me. I think

you'd have to have a mathematical mind. Have you checked the reviews on Amazon? They usually give a good idea of whether or not to buy.

Jean L.

Archived