Toddler Boy blanket--ideas?

chickpea67

Question

After making blankets for all they young ones in my family-I've decided I better venture over to my husband's side of the family and make a blanket for my soon to be 2 year old nephew. His birthday is in August, so I have time! But, I don't have kids yet, so I don't know what would go over well.

Any ideas??

Here's what I've done so far and am capable of doing-- i dont mind trying something a little harder-cause hey, that's how we learn. But I didnt want to attempt something too ambitious.

Stripes, checked, SC, DC, sc and dc in the same stitich, always in a row, never at an angle.

5 answers to this question

Check out the book Candy Blankies by Candi Jenson. (I got it thru inter-library loan). If you have lots of kids to make blankets for, it's worth buying it, this book has a bunch of great patterns. Ones I can think of that would be great for a little boy are a denim/cowprint blankie, a green blankie with little sheep sewn on like a pasture, and a teddy bear blankie.

Edited to add: The techniques she uses are all really simple, too, so you'd be able to make something cute w/o venturing outside of your comfort limit.

Archived