We Need a Guilty Addicts Forum or something

xantha

So I spend all day Saturday at sheep+wool and buy plenty of stuff (admittedly, not a ton of yarn, mostly top+roving). What do I do at lunchtime today?

I go to my LYS to pick up some knitting needles and come out with two balls of sock yarn that I really, really don't need. [also got the circs and one set of dpns I was looking for]

Argh! I am bad. :(

I'm right there with ya. I'm doing the yarn diet this month, but I've been hinting heavily to Hubster that he can buy me some knitting needles that I need. So, he gave me a Joann gift card for Mother's Day (from our dog :) ). In addition to the needles (8 and 10.5 straight and 8 circ) and 63 squares book, I went ahead and got the yarn for this one shrug. When I got home, though, I discovered I'd bought the wrong size needles for the shrug. D'oh! I guess that's my punishment for cheating. :angry

so girls just teach your men to knit and all is good !!

DH can knit, but, well, doesn't. :)

I wish I were finishing more projects, then I wouldn't feel so guilty! Instead I am content to pet yarn and look at it... ha!

I taught mine a little (I'm just now learning myself), but he's not interested.

He also knows how to make crochet chains, but again, not interested in learning more (his mom crochets--but not well, so he was the recipient of many, um, "not so pretty?" :blush hats and slippers as a kid). Funny thing...I was trying to teach my mom yesterday afternoon, and she was really struggling (just with the chains), and he was getting all cocky, so I thrust him a ball of yarn and a hook, and said, "oh, it's on!" After not handling a hook in probably 30 years, he made a perfect chain. I felt so bad for my mom!

hhahahaha @chickpea.. i open my mail then this site then my blog roll how bad is that ?

Can't be any worse than me: I found a way (so far) to sneak online without being monitored at work. :devil Where did I go? Why here, of course! Just took a few minutes to peek in on the action, but I was too nervous to stick around long. They've really got the slaves trained well, *sigh*... :angry But it felt good while it lasted! :c9

And I usually come here before checking my email too. :D

Archived