My tote needs a handle

I finished this tote (pattern from Amy) and I want to add large handles. Does anyone know what size I can order? I have been looking thru books and sites but haven't seen any. I would prefer you providing me with something specific as opposed to providing me with internet site.

clickable

th_browntote.jpg

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2892

This is a link to the purse making stuff at Jo-ann there are 10 pages

Here are my specific picks

- bottom of pg 1 I like the rope handles

- top of pg 2 Any of the U shapes might be cute I like the natural bamboo esecially

- middle of pg 4 !!!!ANIMAL PRINT!!!!

- top of page 5 long twill straps

Can you tell which one I like the most?

Sheryl

I bought two straps from Joanns and the color isnt right.

I have lots of handles but I want big ones that will fit most of the tote. I dont want the ends to flap over because the handles are too small

do you know what I mean?

Maybe just some chain handles would do? You could probably even buy some nice chain from the hardware store and make your own. :)

Janet, I'm heading to the SI Mall with my family this weekend (and a trip to Michaels, LOL), so if you decide what you need and want me to pick it up, let me know. It'll save you on shipping if they have it.

I am going to be in Staten Island on Saturday and need to drag DH to Michaels so I can pick up some stuff - I haven't told him yet!!! Wouldn't that be great if we ran into each other - I will look for you - if we go, we will be there early afternoon.

You may not see me because I have strict rules to get in and out when he takes me there so I may run by you so fast that you don't even recognize me:lol

If you have a Goodwill or a Thrift store nearby, check there ----they always have tons of purses with handles that you can remove and use. PLUS, I've been able to use several of the linings on my crochet purses, so it's a WIN WIN. :clap

I am going to be in Staten Island on Saturday and need to drag DH to Michaels so I can pick up some stuff - I haven't told him yet!!! Wouldn't that be great if we ran into each other - I will look for you - if we go, we will be there early afternoon.

You may not see me because I have strict rules to get in and out when he takes me there so I may run by you so fast that you don't even recognize me:lol

:lol So funny! We'll be there in the afternoon too, though I'm not sure what time yet, since Saturday is hubby's day to "sleep in." If I see a blur, I'll know its you! :P

http://www.tallpoppycraft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=505

This site has some wonderful handles! I will have to remember it when I make another bag - I get tired of the same old acrylic ones at Joann and Michaels.

Because of the size of your purse, I think the long woven one would be best. The woven ones don't limit you in size like the hard ones do. It also comes in several colors and I thought the price was right too.

I have no experience with this place, however.

Here' a link to another site where you can order leather handles to sew onto your bag. www.homesteadheirlooms.com/knitting/sew_on_handles.htm This might be your best bet if you don't find anything at Michael's. She has beautiful bags on her site and if you contact her, maybe you can get the handles customized. The Michael's by me only has purse handles and those are much too small. What a beautiful bag! Let us know how you make out.

Archived