Looking for extra large doily pattern!

sunshine1977

Question

Hey everyone - I am looking for a fairly easy extra large doily pattern do to for a friend - maybe 30" in diameter...She has one of those little cheap tables that you get about anywhere - round with three legs. She has a table cloth that goes to the floor and wants a doily to go on top and hang down the sides about 6" or so...anyone know of a pattern for something like that?

Thanks!

Laurie:U

12 answers to this question

The pineapplle doily is absolutely beautiful. But if you want a few other choices, there are others called table toppers and they are the size for that kind of table. Have made some for friends. Have a couple patterns in a binder in my shed, will go out later to get the web sites. (have to get dressed first, don't want to scare the neighbours on this fine Monday morning.)

Take care, Angie

What you want is a pattern called a table topper. Annie's Attic has a book of them. You can also look in your lys or Michaels or Joanns.

Here is a pattern in Herrschners.

http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=342983&tab=

But, I think if you take a Doily and change the size of the thread and maybe the needle, it might increase the size of the doily.

Hope I didn't confuse you. Hoped I helped you some.:hook

There are also some large table toppers at freepatterns.com that might work for you. I was just looking at them last night. There is a doily section and a home decor section, you want the latter. Though, the doilies they've got are gorgeous too! :hook

Thanks again for all the suggestions and ideas! I finally found a pattern I like, "Between Meal Centerpiece" which is actually a 30" doily, but it will definitely work for a table topper! Now to finish the baby blanket I am making for a friend due in July, the ribbon scarf I am knitting to wear to a graduation next weekend, the felted purse I am working on....then I can start on this, my Wavy Gravy Rasta Snood, Drew's dish clothes, Halcyon shawl...Whew - lots to work on and very little time to do it!! You guy are the greatest, and I am sooo happy I found this board!!:hook:manyheart

Laurie

Thanks for adding the link, Jewels - I wanted to do that, but I couldn't remember where I found the pattern and printed it out and for some reason the web address didn't print out on each page like it usually does!

Archived