Romantic Pineapples Doily

Eveamlizya

I started working on this for my mom...my grandma used to make doilies for her, but can't anymore because of her old age. My mom always loved to dye the doilies in tea to match the antique feel of her house so I thought I would try my hand at doilies. I found this pattern and thought it was awesome--it's so beautiful. Since Mom likes to dye them, I'm doing mine in plain white size 10 thread with an 8 hook (I thought the listed hook was too big and I wanted the doily to be smaller). I'm already on Round 18. Anyone care to do it with me?

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/free_patterns/pages/fp_0505.html

--Carlee :manyheart

I started working on this for my mom...my grandma used to make doilies for her, but can't anymore because of her old age. My mom always loved to dye the doilies in tea to match the antique feel of her house so I thought I would try my hand at doilies. I found this pattern and thought it was awesome--it's so beautiful. Since Mom likes to dye them, I'm doing mine in plain white size 10 thread with an 8 hook (I thought the listed hook was too big and I wanted the doily to be smaller). I'm already on Round 18. Anyone care to do it with me?

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/free_patterns/pages/fp_0505.html

--Carlee :manyheart

Ooooh, I just got this pattern last weekend! I'll do a CAL with you! I'm already also working on the Cathedral Rose Window afghan, what's one more CAL? :lol I think I'll do the same as you and make the doily in plain white #10 bedspread thread, that way I can tea dye it when it's done.

Elle

Well I got my INK to print this pattern out and the thread the other day.

And I think I'm calling it quits of the circle jacket from Drops site for now. So this will free up time for this.

So I worked on this Doily today. NOT SURE I should be. This may be a test for me.

I have done thread crochet. But I just think this is a tad above my talent at this point.

I Have made it to Rnd 10 today. I don't want to give it up.

I understand its rated Skill level Intermediate. But what I am asking for is just a push to keep going at it. I really want to give this as a wedding gift in July.

Ok done crying in my coffee cup for now.

Brenda

THANKS I NEEDED THAT. The Stargazer doily you tested for kathy is so awesome. WOW is all I will say.

Just doing it in white. Figure for a wedding gift its best to stay with something that will go in most if not all homes.

WOW that stargazer is wonderful.

Brenda

Thank you = it is a beautiful design. I don't know how Kathy does that - or any designers for that matter. I am just lucky I can follow a pattern. It's funny - I used to not be able to do anything very intricate - it's just within the last year of hanging around here and looking up crochet related things online that I feel confident to tackle different projects.

This is simply a gorgeous doily. I have several projects going at this time and it is not like I need one more but I may save this one for the summer when I find thread cooler to work with. For those of you who make this now please post some photos to show the various colors. Thanks for sharing dyeing with tea for the antique look. I have never heard of that.

Tammy:tup

Hi everyone. Rnd 16 is done.:clap I needed that push I got :lol.

I Hope everyone post how they are doing.

On a funny note.

I was trying to figure out how to use these silly faces. DD on her way to college class just walked by my puter and LOL. I was trying to drag them over to where I wanted them. And getting mad cause it didn't work:(.

Why is it so easy for them Brats? Told her she is the she:devil

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...

Good news:clap:clap its finished.

I was making this as a wedding gift (July wedding) So I only washed it and plan to block it in June. I will Hand block it later after it dries. Then I'll post a picture of it.Just dont want to do all the pinning now to have to do later.

Picture coming soon:D

I just found this CAL and LOVE the pattern, have been lookin' around for a doily to do. I'm in, even tho I'm late. Have you finished yours? Are there pics posted? If so, where? (I'm kinda new to this board, don't know "protocol" yet) I do see that one has been posted here... :-)

Thanks!

Novena

• 4 months later...

I'm going to start this one as soon as I am done with my to angel pins I need to make. I have the wings done. So it will be some time tomorrow before I can start. In the mean time, hubby is on the computer with the printer, so I need to ask him to print up the pattern for me. It should work out.

Thanks for the link, and the picture of your finished doily. It is soooo pretty :cheer.

Okay, the lure of the pattern was too much. I started it about 4 pm yesterday. Already FROG'd twice. I am on round 11, and had a brain pause. :think Is a dtr where one yo's 4 times before inserting hook to yo and pull up another thread, then yo and pull through 2 at a time (5 times in total)?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Okay, the lure of the pattern was too much. I started it about 4 pm yesterday. Already FROG'd twice. I am on round 11, and had a brain pause. :think Is a dtr where one yo's 4 times before inserting hook to yo and pull up another thread, then yo and pull through 2 at a time (5 times in total)?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

:blush I found it online. It was to begin with yo 3 times before inserting hook. I should have used google first. I think I need some more coffee. :coffee Thanks for your support!

:lol Yes I am slow. I just started round 21. I guess I am looking at too many of the Show and Tell Doilies in between stitches. I am using Coats and Clark Mercerized cotton for Machine quilting and crafts size# 50 with a #16 tulip hook (.4mm). Rounds 1 -20 are 4" in diameter. :yes I am still plugging away on it! Just 18 more rounds and I can wash and block it! :)

Archived