Crochet hook circle

jetty56

I'm so glad you asked this question. I saw one at Joann's last night and for the life of me can't figure what it's for.

Are you talking about the cable hooks that have a hook on each side and a cable in the middle? If so, they are used as Tunisian hooks. You can use both ends, which has several names including Cronit, and Crochet on the Double. You can also use just one end and use it as a regular Tunisian hook. They are mainly used to make afghans that are too large to fit on a regular Tunisian hook, or if using a regular Tun. hook would make it very heavy.

If that's not what you are talking about, post a picture.

Joan

These are made to do crochet on the dble. or cro hook. There are several good places on the web to help you learn this technique & has patterns. Just type in cro-hook on your favorite browser & see. I think you'll like it, it's fun.

Thanks for the "question" and the "answers". I bought a couple of these last summer at a garage sale because I knew they were "crochet" items. Didn't have a clue what specifically they were used for so now I will see what I can find on the web.

Archived