Knit socks for Fara

laughlovehook

I wanted to post this here as I'm sure there are several crocheters who would love to have a pair of hand knit socks. I'm doing an auction to help Jimbo raise funds for Friedrich's Ataxia research. All proceeds from the auction will be donated in the winner's name to this charity. And they will get a pair of hand knit socks by me.

I'm not promising fancy designs and lacy elements. But I can promise a nice pair of knit socks and the good feeling someone gets when they help out a worthy cause.

Here is my blog post about it. Even if your unable to bid, I'd love if you could leave me a comment and perhaps spread the word about this and tell everyone you know about this disease.

Great idea! A question and idea....

Are you auctioning only one pair of socks or several pairs? You may raise more money with several auctions as I'm sure the bid will reach its max potential quickly (even though I know that knitted socks are so wonderful...I've done a couple pairs for myself and love them).

I think pictures of some of the yarn you have to use would be nice. Then people may fall in love with a particular color and just have to have the socks!

Good luck to you!!!

Archived