Need ideas!

My son is in the army, he just got his blue cord today and graduates from OSUT tomorrow. We can't be there which breaks my heart but I wanted to make him something to remind him of home and of this time in his life.

The problem is he doesnt have a stationary type living situation at the moment as he is moving from school to school etc . So a afghan etc is probably not a good idea.

I would post a picture but I can't figure out how :/ So here it is on a link, you will have to cut and paste this into your browser if you want to see him as it yells about linking from another web page.

http://chope.bravehost.com/michael.jpg

So Id like some of your ideas for what I could make him! :)

blessings,

Kath

will he be deployed soon? if so, make him a scarf, helmet liner, etc. do a search on the ville. There have been lots of topics discussed about what to make soldiers who are deployed.

I don't know if he is a reader but you could make a simple bookmark or two for him. If you make them long enough they can even be used in textbooks.

This might be an idea as he does like the read now and then when he has time. He likes video games too. I was thinking maybe a holder for his nintendo DS and games....with pockets.... *ponders*

Thanks for the idea!

Blessings,

Kath

What about a duffle bag to carry his few possessions around? Or do they all hafta be army issued? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Yeah those have to be army issued :/ BUT your idea , along with the bookmark idea (who knows how that worked! lol) have got me thinking about smaller bags to hold his other private items or games, phone etc....

As they can get pretty banged up inside his duffle bag.....

Thanks for the ideas!

Blessings,

Kath

As I live near the Sahara and it is winter now....I can definately tell you that deserts get really really :wbrrcold at night! So, anything warm would be great.....socks, gloves,.etc. I am not sure if he would be sent anywhere...as you said, but I think that warm cozy stuff would be welcomed just about anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment!

Archived