Bed Sheet into a Rag Bag Tote

RecycleCindy

Very nice. Did you fold the strips or anything first? Or just crochet from strips?

I just cut the bed sheets into strips as both sides were the same. I did fold the printed fabric so the printed side was out. All the details are found here including a picture tute.

Oh I love this! I just asked my sister a couple days ago what she thought we could do with old sheets. We talked it over for a while, but nothing seemed right.

I love the idea of a BIG tote for groceries. I'm making a couple of them out of yarn right now, but I think in the future it will be sheets. Actually, we have a second hand shop that always has used sheet sets for $1 and $2. That's a lot of fabric for the money!

Here is my latest project -- a rag bag tote. It's crocheted from strips I cut from an old queen-sized bed sheet along with some other recycled material to add stripes to my bag.

Love this bag! Thanks so much for posting the pattern link.

*snipped*I should also add that crocheting with "rag strips" is a bit hard on the hands and joints so take it easy if you do this project. I had to take many breaks from it as my hands got sore.*snipped*

I know what you mean. I made a little kitchen rug out of old t-shirts to put in front of my sink and between the cutting (yuck!!) and crocheting with a big hook (P) my hand/arm was exhausted. Oh and with t-shirts you get lots of shedding. But it was worth it, great protection from the cold floor. Can't wait to try your bag! :D

Archived