A baby onsie.. please help!

sunflowermom1972

Question

14 answers to this question

is this folding part going to be making sleeve holes or holes for litle legs? That would be my thoughts on what you are trying to accomplish by folding and such. What pattern are you using? That may help a little more.

Kind of an odd way to write the pattern. I've never seen it that way before. If I'm reading it right, you're correct and that row makes the arms. If you just pick up the right ch-1 spaces, ignore the folding in thirds stuff and connect them as written, it should work. It looks like you only have four shells to pick from, so you're not likely to get the wrong ones--just make sure you get them hooked together with the arms on the same side of the work. (Can you tell I always get everything put together upside down, backwards and inside-out?)

This pattern drove me bananas when I worked it. I started over three times, trying to figure out how to end up with 48 stitches on row 11. From what I can figure out, the corrector DC's in the first and last stitch of every row, increasing 1. It creates a slant. I wound up doing it the original writer's way to match the picture.

I also couldn't figure out how she makes 3 buttonholes on the buttonhole row. I always got 4.

also you could do a bico those are SUPER easy. If you want it to be onsie find a shirt pattern and soaker pattern and you could modify it a tad to connect them and leave the crotch out.

Thank you!

A BICO? I will have to search for that one.. havent heard of it.

:cheer:cheerboy are you in for a treat... :hug

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36185

that takes you to the first page of the CAL with a link to the pattern and the first post has links to pictures of lots of BICO's that were made in the CAL.

if you go to Babies and Children Show and Tell and search for BICO, you will find lots of eye candy.

I have done 5 rows of DC and shells.. I am now on row 6

it says to dc to first 1 sp.. i have done that.. then it says to fold in thirds.., connect 1st and 2nd 1 ch sp dc to next ch 1 sp, fold in thirds again.. I dont get this part.. the fold in thirds then thirds.. anyone have any help for me??

On Bev's site, she has a pattern for a sweater and shows how to make the sleeves. It's not too hard once you get it. I find it the easiest way to make baby sweaters/tops.

Archived