Beaded Crochet Stitch Markers

Guest SamplerLady

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI can't seem to find a pic of these anywhere.... My daughter-the-beader finally agreed to make some :D and.... well... I can't show her what I want. :( Can you help me, please?

:ty

I love to play with beads too... and when I made my own stitch markers I contemplated bending wire as shown in the auction, but thought that the loopy parts might easily tangle in yarn...So i made mine using hook style earring thingys...I Threaded the beads on these Then hooked them onto the earring things with needlenose pliers, trimmed the extra wire VERY close, and crimped it down with the pliers. Took about 1.5 mintues each! The only time they have ever tangled is when i put a half-finished scarf made of Divine in my bag, and a little yarn wisp caught my crimped wire.

I am just worried people mistake me for being cheap and using my earrings as stitch holders!

I've been inspired to try it the loopy way - they look much "artsier" plus JA's had a sale on jewelry parts... so I bought some beads and stuff tonite...I'll have to post pix once i get around to assembling them.

It's great having such wonderful people to share ideas with me!! Thanks ladies!

I bought some beautiful beads at Walmart yesterday and made some for my sister for Christmas (to go with her TOTC crochet hook and afghan book). I was wondering tho, how did you all get your wires to curve nicely. I used needle nose pliers to twist the ends, but my middle part looks kinky. Anyway, I love them, and will makee some for myself later.

I was wondering tho, how did you all get your wires to curve nicely. I used needle nose pliers to twist the ends, but my middle part looks kinky.
Andrea, you need jewelry pliers; they are round-nosed. I got mine at Walmart.

Archived