Squares Needed For Loveghan......please???

bettflow

Hi everyone,

I am collecting squares for a loveghan that will be sent to a lady who is having serious mental/health issues. This young lady has recently been diagnosed with bipolar and agoraphobia (fear of leaving home). She is very seriously depressed and I am making this loveghan in hopes of lifting her spirits and to let her know that she is in our thoughts and that she is loved. At this time I have pledges for 17 squares, I need a total of 35 squares to complete this project.

Here's the specs for the squares I am needing. This lady's favorite colors are purple & pink. I need 8" squares in any shade of purple and pink. They can be solid color or a combination, but please only make them with purple and pink (no other colors). Please do not put a border on the squares. As I receive the squares I am adding a border in soft-white and am piecing the squares together with a soft-white background. Also, it would be nice if you could tag your squares with your name and location and possibly email address so that she can see that crocheters from all over the country care for her and took the time to help make this loveghan for her. This will mean SOOOOOO much to her:)))

If anyone could make some squares for this loveghan it will be great appreciated!!! My goal is to (hopefully) complete the loveghan in time to send to her by Valentines Day. If you would like to help with this project, please send me a PM or email me at bettflow@yahoo.com.

Thankyou in advance for your help:)))

Hugs

Betty

CROCHET MEMBERS ARE SOOOOO WONDERFUL!!!!! :jumpyay

Thankyou to all who has offered to help with the loveghan!!! :manyheart

We are now up to 32 squares pledged, ONLY 3 MORE TO GO!!! :cheer

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!

Hugs,

Betty

Hi,

I just PMd ya'll. Thankyou SOOOO MUCH for helping with the loveghan.

CROCHETVILLE PEOPLE ARE THE MOST LOVING, CARING, WONDERFUL PEOPLE I KNOW!!! :manyheart

Hugs,

Betty

Hello everyone,

I have great news!!!! With all of the pledges that I have received here at Crochetville and from another group our goal has been met!!! We have enough squares pledged to complete the loveghan!!! YA'LL ARE SOOO WONDERFUL!!!! :2hug

There's just one HUGE favor that I ask of you....I know that life does happen and things can come up that's beyond our control. If someone who has pledged to send squares sees for some reason that they will not be able to follow through, please let me know.

Thankyou SOOOOO MUCH for all your help.

I will post a pic of the completed afghan for all to see. :wink:elle

Hugs,

Betty

Thankyou all for all you're doing to make this loveghan a reality!!!

So far this week I've received 11 squares and have added the edging to all but one. By Friday I should be ready to start piecing them together. It's going to be a real beauty!!! Ya'll just can't imagine how much your help is appreciated:))

Big Hugs,

Betty

Here are pics of the first 8 squares received. I received 3 more squares today, but don't have pics of those yet, so will post more later.

These pics were taken after I added the border.

Hugs,

Betty

LOVEGHANSQUARES-001.jpg

LOVEGHANSQUARES-002.jpg

More beautiful squares were received today from Roberta, Eneida. THANKYOU LADIES!!! :hug THEY ARE ALL SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Plus received some from another group. :clap

I'll post more pics as I get the border added and pics taken. :yay

Hugs,

Betty

Hello all,

YA'LL ARE FANTASTIC!!!!! I have received SOOOOO MANY beautiful squares for the loveghan. Got 3 more BEAUTIUFUL pink squares in the mail Saturday, they were from Tiffany and cshort. THANKYOU LADIES!!! These will be just beautiful worked into the loveghan.

Can't wait to see the whole thing finished up. April will be so touched and thrilled when she receives it.

I've lost count of how many squares I have now. I think we're close to 20 :clap best I can remember, lol. I'll send more pics of the lovely squares soon. :cheer

UPDATE ON APRIL: She is doing somewhat better. The new medication is starting to kick in but it's been a long, slow, painful journey for her. Her mother got her out of the house the other day and took her to get her hair cut. I'm sure getting a new hairdo helped her to feel somewhat better:)) Atleast she got out of the house for a little while!!!

I'll send ya'll more updates later as I receive them.

Hugs,

Betty

I received so many BEAUTIFUL squares the past two days!!! More squares arrived from Clare, Suzy, Sherri, Karen, Jean L, C. Short and Tiffany.

THANKYOU SOOO MUCH FOR HELPING MAKE THIS LOVEGHAN REALITY!!!

GRAND TOTAL AS OF RIGHT NOW IS 39 SQUARES RECEIVED!!! WOW!!!

YA'LL ARE SOOOO WONDERFUL!!!

Don't worry, I had only planned on using 35 squares to complete the loveghan, but there's still room to work more squares in, so NO FEAR!!! I plan on enlarging the loveghan to include all of the BEAUTIFUL squares that I receive.

Big Hugs,

Betty

Archived