Coats and Clark Larger Hooks ?

crochetqueen

I thought that they were going to be offering the aluminum "L", "M", and larger hooks ? I also thought I saw this advertised in a magazine but I could be losing my mind :) Does anyone remember which magazine this was in and maybe I have the wrong company. Thanks

JoAnns offered aluminium L's and M's in their Sensations line last summer, but I saw them all on clearance after summer, and havent seen them since. I havent seen any info from Coats & Clark re: larger aluminium hooks.

As far as anything larger than an N, I emailed Wrights (the makers of Boye hooks) a while back and they said they would absolutely not be making anything larger than an N in aluminium. They claimed the hook would be too heavy. Bummer.

After looking thru about 50 magazines I found it, it was in the recent issue of Crochet Today Jan/Feb 08 on page 7 it says they are Susan Bates Silvalume L, M, N WHEW now I have to go and put everything away. I knew I saw it somewhere.....my mind things get in but they don't get out, hahahahahaha Thanks Wyndfire.

After looking thru about 50 magazines I found it, it was in the recent issue of Crochet Today Jan/Feb 08 on page 7 it says they are Susan Bates Silvalume L, M, N WHEW now I have to go and put everything away. I knew I saw it somewhere.....my mind things get in but they don't get out, hahahahahaha Thanks Wyndfire.

Does it happen to say when/where they will be available? I just did a google search and don't see anything above a K in any metal. I'm working on a double strand with RH Crystalite N and its driving me nuts :thair. I will go to the ends of the earth :drive and pay any price :shop if I could just find the darn things!!

look at your Hobby Lobby. I bought the larger size Susan bates with the bamboo handles and they are great. I bought L, M, and N. They are aluminum with a bamboo handle on the end. I just love them. They cost between $2.99 and $3.49 at HL, but you can use a 40 percent coupon on them and it brings the price down.

They are in individual packs right now and I hope they put them in a group package some day.

I have been making hats like crazy for charity and the L is perfect for using a double strand.

:manyheart

These are the hooks I am talking about. Aluminum hook part up to the shaft, and then it's a nice bamboo handle.

If you order over $35 at Herrschners this month, then shipping is free. I have an order all ready to go.

:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have spent about an hour this morning looking through e-mails etc. wondering where I heard of the larger aluminium hooks being offered. I couldn't remember if it was Susan Bates or Boye and I :googlethem to death with no luck. So thank you for reminding me it's in my Crochet today mag! I :manyheart purchasing new/the latest hooks.

WOW, makes me wish i liked the susan bates hooks. like the look and probably

the feel of the bamboo handles. but i have tried & tried over 40 some yrs. & still LOVE my boye/hero type hook ends.

maybe boye has some out there & i don't know it:think

judy

I recently bought a size "N" aluminum crochet hook at either Walmart or Hobby Lobby. It's a Boye brand hook. I don't recall which store, but since those are the only two I buy hooks at, it has to be one of them.

Archived