How much??

MrsLewis907

I have lost all my darn tapestry needles for weaving in ends on my finished works...so annoying! How much do they cost at Walmart (and for how many), does anyone know? I can't imagine them to cost much at all, but I would like to know before I run all the way over there, because my hubby and I, seriously, just spent ALL our money on finishing up Christmas shopping, down to the last 2 dollars. :eek And now I have lots of ends to weave in, and not a single stinkin needle in sight!!

I am not sure how much they are either, sorry. Just wanted to say you can also use a crochet hook to pull the yarn ends back through the stitches to weave in. A hook a few sizes smaller than what you used to make the piece works well. It can be a little slower than using a needle but you can weave in shorter ends with hook than you can with a needle also.

When I first started crocheting I used a crochet hook to weave in all my ends. I didn't even think to use a tapestry needle. I probably made four blankets before I saw a drawing using a needle. One of those "doh" moments!

It does take longer and I would recommend using a smaller size crochet hook than the one used to make the project. A needle is so much easier and faster, but when you're in a bind it'll get the task done.

You could use the method of the crochet hook until Hobby Lobby has all their crochet stuff on sale for 1/2 off. Then you can get the Chibi ones in a case for less than $3.00. I really like the curved ends of these needles. Helps get the stitches exactly where they go.

They have the Chibi brand containers from Clover.

:manyheart

You could use the method of the crochet hook until Hobby Lobby has all their crochet stuff on sale for 1/2 off. Then you can get the Chibi ones in a case for less than $3.00. I really like the curved ends of these needles. Helps get the stitches exactly where they go.

They have the Chibi brand containers from Clover.

:manyheart

I :manyheart the Chibi brand tapestry/yarn needles. They feel WONDERFUL. If anyone uses Addi knitting needles, they will know what I mean about how wonderfully smooth they feel. They cost around $4.99 at Joann, but with a 40% coupon the price is close to the cheaper ones at Walmart and well worth it.

Beverly

Archived