Choices choices....

MarvieN

Oh I am having SUCh a hard time. Here's the deal ya'll. Hubby took me to the store tonight and showed me a computer desk, now, what I am using right now is a book shelf which holds my kb and the monitor sits on the kitchen counter (on the dining room side) I have all my papers and crap on the window ledge beside me and the tower sits on the shelf under the kb. The desk he showed me is a nice, corner desk, with the pull out kb shelf, writing space on one side, shelves, door for the tower, it's NICE. The store was out of stock on the desk so we didn't get it tonight, planned to go back tomorrow. So when we got home he said "Happy Birthday, the desk is your present" (and I have been wanting a real desk pretty badly) I said "Ok baby, then I guess I'll wait to ask for the hooks till Mother's Day" Hubby "What hooks?" So I showed him Bill's hooks... we were looking through the site and saw the sets. As hubby is choking over the price for a single hook I pulled up the page for the sets, 6 hooks in a wooden case. I'm drooling of course. Here's where the problem comes in.... he tells me I can have the desk OR he'll get me a set of TOTC hooks! Arrrrrrrg how to decide??? I want them both. Bad. I don't know what to do!!! Advice??

Marvie

I'm usually pretty frugal too. But dang those hooks are purty lmao. We've been talkin, since I posted, and he did say that if I pick the desk he'll still get me a hook from TOTC.

So I'd at least have one hook, and once I have it and use it and love it I can always ask for the set for some other occasion. I'm leaning in that direction now...

I would go with the desk to keep me organized..and one hook for now .. then ask for more for valentines

and mothers day

and anniversary

and birthday

and what ever other reasons you can think of

as for the hooks.. i really think the boxes are nice.. but think about it .. you can get way more hooks for the price of the box and 6... so get more hooks and not the box.. LOL.. cause SP wanted to get me the box set BUT i said i would rather have more hooks.. and I got 10!

Oh now see I didn't even THINK of that! :oops More hooks *g* I didn't even do the math. Thank you so much for pointing that out lol.

I think the decision has been finalized. I told hubby I'd go with the desk and one hook for my b-day. Valentine's day is coming, then Mom's day... then it's a long time till our anniversary and christmas again, but hey, at least I'll have a great desk and a few of those lovely hooks =) Ooooh and I'll get some b-day money too so I can always use that to get a couple more hooks :yes so it'll work out alright. I think I'll get a pretty vase or something to hold my pretty hooks *g*

Thanks for giving your opinions ya'll! Off to bed now. Night night =)

Marvie

Yes, Marvie, I'd go with the desk too...it's practical and soundslike u really need it!

And as Beth said it's thriftier to buy more hooks w/o case, plus these hooks are meant to be looked at not be stashed away in a case.

A tip passed on from Julie: Buy them two+ at a time and "save" on shipping since he goes per order and not per hook! ( I think, not sure about overseas, though!).

I'm the impatient type too, and wanted a whole set right away, but it was not even a possibility in my case so I'm going slowly (kinda) and will have 7 after i receive the two he is sending tomorrow, plus this way I can get the sizes I use the most, which are NOT F or G that come in a set.

Archived