Thread Potholder

Becks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pillow pattern done this way, too. One of the freebies that hang in front of the yarn at Michael's. I did find this pattern online that also shows how the stitches are placed on the grid. Maybe that will help some of you.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/july99_crochet_2.html

I must tell you that the original pattern for this hotpad is in a 1948 Workbasket magazine! I happen to have an issue.

QUOTE]

There is a pattern in Old-time Crochet Made Easy, designed by a

Maggie Petsch Chasalow, using the same technique.

I am so happy I found this thread! And thank you, Diamond for the link to the pattern (I am a written pattern or see it in front of me to figure it out type of person). I am definitely going to make some of these, and look for that other pattern booklet, too! I have been trying different crochet techniques lately, and this is definitely different to me.

Crochetfun, I have that book, too, but I never would have made this, probably. Seeing it in 'real life' made me want to make one. :lol

:yay :yay :yay :yay

Thank you!!! I feel like I just hit the (crochet) jackpot!!

Tina

I have started one of these, I thought maybe it might be helpful for someone else to see how the 'grid' is, maybe???

th_7260cd4f.jpg

I'm doing it in sage green and soft yellow for my Grandma's kitchen. It is really a lot easier than it might sound. Image is clickable to see up close, too. ;)

Tina

Timeless Creations

It is kind of addicting; and once you get the hang of it, you don't even need the chart. I sit there thinking about what other colors I could use in one... How much bigger I could make it, etc... :hook What a great way to use up scrap thread you have had forever (I have a whole cabinet full, believe me....!) Thanks again for posting this I never would have thought to make one, and now I love it! I even wrote about it on my blog.

Tina

Timeless Creations

I have a pillow pattern done this way, too. One of the freebies that hang in front of the yarn at Michael's. I did find this pattern online that also shows how the stitches are placed on the grid. Maybe that will help some of you.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/july99_crochet_2.html

My goodness, I've been on their site a million times - never saw that pattern:)

Thanks.

I have started one of these, I thought maybe it might be helpful for someone else to see how the 'grid' is, maybe??

I'm doing it in sage green and soft yellow for my Grandma's kitchen. It is really a lot easier than it might sound.

Tina

Timeless Creations

That is turning out really pretty, Tina:) Be sure to post pictures when it's ready.

• 3 weeks later...

Becks, I just had to let you know how impressed I was with my pumpkin hot pad!! I just have to try one now!! It is absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting this thread. I had no idea where to find a pattern :hug

Kat

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a crochet-a-long with these? I just think these are so cool and there are so many different things to do with them. If so let me know and we can start one. I already have the idea to do a turtle :turtle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived