Babette question...yarn?

For those of you who've made a Babette blanket, what type of yarn did you use? I want something that can be easily washed. I just came across this pattern. I absolutely love it. I want to make one, but I'm not sure which yarn to use.

Darn Horse Fantasy is a GREAT yarn. I used it for my cousin's son's baby blanket. Very soft, very washable and comes in a HUGE number of colors.

Caron Simplly Soft is my standby for baby blankets and the like, as it is washable and comes in a decent number of colors. Some people have a hard time working with it as it splits on them, I've never had that problem. Their white is still a bit off though, they've been having problems most of the year.

Anything acrylic should wash well... just look at the yarn label to be sure. I like the Bernat yarns too, good quality and not too expensive.

The Dark Horse Fantasy is VERY splitty also. It must be a given with these super-soft yarns. You really have to use a blunt-nose hook in aluminum to get any speed going. I started on the Dark Horse with a wooden hook that had a nice pointy tip...yeah, no. Ripped that yarn to shreds! LOL!!!

That's really nice Susie! I love your colors! I started mine but got frustrated after Section 3 did not line up nicely against Sections 1 & 2.

I will probably pick it up again in January...

There is definitely some easing that has to be done to line everything up. I did the blanket without the pattern. I followed a graph someone made for an extra section and sort of just made it up as I went along. I am happy with the results but those 2-round squares can really mess you up.:P

I should give credit where credit is due I started with the pattern "cherylcrochets" used for her extra panel. Shown on her blog.

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts...t_finished.php

To enlarge the blanket I worked off her pattern and sort of reversed the pattern for the next large section. You need to make sure you can put together smaller sections evenly to make each larger section.

PS...Thanks Cherylcrochets!!!!!!!!!!

Suzieq that is beautiful! I would like to do one in January or next year sometime and I'll probably use my old stand by, red heart. I have the magazine and pattern and will follow that as closely as possible, since this is new to me, not having squares fit perfectly.

I've been to the flickr site with photos of this beautiful afghan!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/purlbeebabette/pool/

One lady somewhere said she won a ribbon in a fair, using her scrap yarn and making this afghan.

I don't know if I'll do scrap or maybe choose a shade (I love blues and there are plenty of them).

Debbi

Archived