They must have liked it!

Last year I crocheted a snowflake ornament as a "hostess token" when I went to a friend's open house. When I gave it, the hostess seemed surprised and didn't say "thank you", but said "Well, I'll hang it on the tree," and walked over and put it on. I wasn't sure if she didn't like it, or was just bad at taking gifts... and figured either way, I probably wouldn't bother taking any more gifts to her.

But when I went to the annual open house this year, I saw my snowflake, again hanging in a prominent place on the tree! I was so pleased!

Thought this story would inject a little joy for some of you, in the midst of sad stories about crocheted gifts, bazaar, and auction items that are going unappreciated.

That's nice. I'm glad she kept it for the tree the next year. I love crocheted snowflakes. I haven't made any this year though. I'm going to have to get busy though for next year. My aunt had wanted some for a few years now. And next year she is going to have a tree for the first time in years. My plan is to make a bunch of them for her. I know she would love them!

Wendy, thank you for the reminder that not everyone responds in exactly the way we expect. It sounds as if your hostess really did like your sweet gift but was perhaps quite busy or distracted. Not everyone is going to ooooh and aaaah over something, even if they DO like it and appreciate it.

Wendy, thank you for the reminder that not everyone responds in exactly the way we expect. It sounds as if your hostess really did like your sweet gift but was perhaps quite busy or distracted. Not everyone is going to ooooh and aaaah over something, even if they DO like it and appreciate it.

I agree, not everyone is going to stop and gush over a gift especially if they have a house full of people and are trying to keep the food plates full. Sometimes I find that I learn or grow to appreciate some gifts that initially I wasn't terribly excited to receive.

Archived