Mary Maxim?

PBLKNP

I ordered some yarn for my Patons Astra baby blanket (the kit didn't come with enough) on November 30, and am STILL waiting for it. Do they tend to be slow in shipping? I just had it shipped normally (no 1-day, 2-day thing or anything). :think

They do tend to be a little slower than others, the only one worse , for me anyway, is Annie's Attic.

Did you tell them there was not enough yarn in the kit? They will send more at no charge. I have had this happen, and they are very good with that problem.:hook

This is a Canadian company, and Canadian/US customs can really tie up

deliveries, especially this time of year. They do have a US branch from where they sometimes ship, but not always.

I buy a lot from them and have never had a problem with delays. They also could be temporarily out of stock. I've known Astra (also by a Canadian company) to be out of stock in several places.

To be sure, call them and have them check on the order.

Jean L.

With everyone mailing packages for the holiday season, the catalog ordering can be slower than they usually are. I do like this company.

The Brown Santas are doing their best (UPS) but with all the packages, they can get overloaded. My friend works there and just hates this time of year. She's been there 22 years and it get worse every year.

Probably after the holidays, everything will get back to normal, and you will get your orders in the normal amount of time. Don't give up on them. It is a good company.

I know it's just hard to wait for something to crochet with.

:manyheart

• 2 months later...

I ordered two kits from Mary Maxim recently and am disappointed in one of them. Guess I should have paid more attention when I ordered. It was supposed to be sport weight yarn, and had a pattern book for 4 different sweaters. I love the patterns but the 'yarn' is more cotton thread... very thin. I looked at the patterns and cannot for the life of me, visualize how they would work with that thin a thread! And according to the directions, it says to use an I hook with it... wouldn't this be a little large for thin cotton thread? The stitches would be way too loose using anything more than a steel hook. There is no lable on the thread, either, so don't know what size it is.... but I am tempted to send it back and get a refund... but I love the pattern book, so would they accept it if I just sent the thread back and ask for a partial refund? I paid nearly $24 for the kit... I can't see wasting it. It is in a cone, too.

The other kit is fine, it's Bernat chunky yarn, and the color is even prettier than I expected. But I am positive I would never use that much cotton thread... so... what to do?

Archived