Can You Tell The Difference?

If you'd never said anything about it, it would've taken me a lot of looking to notice it. Even at that, I had to look pretty closely to see where the difference was. I don't think it's THAT bad, though.

Even though they claim to not have a dye lot, yarns like Red Heart Super Saver (and I'd think TLC, too since they come from the same company) have a code stamped on the wrapper. Basically, I just consider that code to be the dye lot, since that's pretty much how Red Heart was saying to treat it some time back now. The codes usually look sort of like a date.

Yes, I sure can tell a difference. A different shade of brown, and its lighter. .

If you want it to be all the same then I would frog it out, otherwise you can have a few rows of this brown and a few rows of that browns, go out there and buy some more browns.....a variaged brown would blend in nicely with those browns.

sunnywolfgar

Like frogsrock said, I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. But there have been some great suggestions here for working it out....good luck on this, and let us know how you are coming along with it!

I'm not frogging nothing.....just going to continue with the new skein. This is my very first hat so I really don't mind if it's not perfect.......imagine that!!

Archived