What would you pay for pre-made granny squares?

I have an opportunity to buy a LARGE (almost 400!) batch of pre-made granny squares that could be used to make a number of afghans. I was thinking of buying them, putting them together and then donating them. They are all 6" squares with 2 colors in each square.

I have NO idea how much they are worth...what do you think? What would you pay?

Sara

it all depends ... some people would give the squares if they knew you were going to do charity ghans... I recieved 2 garbage size bags full of yarn when I told them I was going to make baby blankets for charity.. as for price I'd say about 5 to 10 cents each if they wanted payment..

I once saw an auction on eBay for just some squares that was running in the $40 range or so. I was confused by it at the time, and still am a little. I figure something like that really depends on who wants it and what they're willing to pay for it.

You may be able to get them for free if you say you are making charity afghans. A lot of times, our group is given a bunch of squares and we make them into afghans for the nursing home, or other charities.

Some people would just love to be able to make the squares and let someone else do the hard stuff of putting them together.

It wouldn't hurt to ask. One thing is to say a specific charity. I would say " I would make afghans for the ____________nursing home out of the squares..." If you are specific with the charity, they may just donate the squares to you.

Good luck with this. I hope your dreams come true.

:manyheart

Archived