Its been awhile, new crocheter confession!

Okay, two things this time. For those that make booties or slippers, I HATE the ones where you sew on the sole! I know they make sturdier shoes and I love the look. But I never can get them even on my first try and always have to frog-sometimes more than once!

The other thing is sleeves. I used to hate all sleeves but now I don't mind them IF you start them from the garment. I have yet to make something where you make the sleeve and sew it on. I cringe when I see the words, "Sew sleeve to armhole, adjust for fit if necessary."

I don't want to adjust, I want the stitches to match! If the armhole is 50 stitches then make sure the sleeve is! :eek

What is it about sleeves that so many crocheters don't like.

I keep forgetting to write the instructions for sleeves when I write patterns. I just assume everyone knows they have to go in the holes and what more do you need to know.

sleeves = :scared

:rofl

they do, and the suede is less slippery on lino or hardwood (or anything not carpet) floors, than most yarns. But that doesn't mean I've made any like that. (I can use fabric paint and make little dots on the bottom to prevent slippery issues :))

What is it that gets to you, the easing part? If you've ever sewn anything (I mean fabric and sewing machine) you'd have seen "ease to" fit in every pattern you've every used--or seen. It just means you find the center top of the sleeve and the center top of the arm opening and pin there. Do the same for the bottom and then pin--somethimes a lot of pins, but it may only be skipping a stitch or two on one or the other to make it match up. It is really easy as long as you pin and pin and pin...

Pretty much its the easing part. Its not like sewing where things are different sizes and have to match. You can actually make them the same size so they do match!

I have never used those suede soles and I use puff paint on the bottom too. I have several patterns though where you make the sole separate and sew it on. The stitch count is the same, not like easing, but its not like a nice neat square or circle. Soles have a shape that's not always that easy to match. lol

Archived