What to make...?

I bought 1 lb of Sensations Rainbow Boucle with different shades of green thru out it.

The only yarn I've worked with is RH SS and don't really know what I can make with my new shiny giant skein of yarn.

I'd like it to be something I can wear. I've already been to CPC and looked around, found a few things, but am not sure if the yarn is good for them.

So I figured on maybe hat / scarf / mitten set. I'll have to wait till I am doine with my christmas crochet though.

So what do you guys think, if you had a pound of Sensations Rainbow Boucle what would you make?

I bought 1 lb of Sensations Rainbow Boucle with different shades of green thru out it.

The only yarn I've worked with is RH SS and don't really know what I can make with my new shiny giant skein of yarn.

I'd like it to be something I can wear. I've already been to CPC and looked around, found a few things, but am not sure if the yarn is good for them.

So I figured on maybe hat / scarf / mitten set. I'll have to wait till I am doine with my christmas crochet though.

So what do you guys think, if you had a pound of Sensations Rainbow Boucle what would you make?

many people use that for the Seraphina shawl. it does make a nice - comfy one

I vote shawl or shrug. I used it two years ago now to make a wrap for my Gram. It was sooooo warm and sooo nice looking. It can be a little tough to see the stitches if you use too small of a hook, but a wonderfu yarn to work with!

i have some i am saving for a half moon shawl.

I find myself being really tempted by that new, longer half moon shawl pattern at Lion brand.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70474AD.html

It is so pretty and I have a gift of some lovely yarn that I want to use for a shawl.

Ok, yah convinced me... I am going to make the half moon shawl with my gift yarn. :wlol

I had to come back to let you know.

That's ok, my count was off onthe 2nd row so now I am making a shawl that is shaped like a half moon but just not that one. :sigh

One day I will actually follow a pattern all the way through.. no really... it could happen!!!

So Layna, are we helping you at all?

So Layna, are we helping you at all?

LOL yeah kinda. I've never had a shawl or wrap type thing. They are all great suggestions, now it's just deciding on what to do with it. LOL!

:hook

I have two skeins of the 'Natural' browns and tans with cream, and want to do a Serephina, but hear the pattern is off. I tried it once years ago and it went to the frog pond in disgust. Anyone have a similar pattern that's do-able?

I have two skeins of the 'Natural' browns and tans with cream, and want to do a Serephina, but hear the pattern is off. I tried it once years ago and it went to the frog pond in disgust. Anyone have a similar pattern that's do-able?

The pattern isn't that bad, if you've been crocheting that long you can probably figure it out. There's a lot of pictures at the site so that helps. You just have to realize that you can't blindly follow the pattern to the letter, you need to figure out more where she's going with it, which is that you increase only at the center point and at the ends of the shawl, with shells and 3 dc ribs in between.

Archived