Like Shania Twain says: I've Gol'darn gone and done it...

I tried and I tried and I tried again not to start on a cocoon sweater but you people kept posting pictures of yours and they look so nice that I broke down and started one today.

I had bought 2 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby-one in soft lilac and the other in mint and I'm holding those 2 together and using a K hook.

I have the first 22 rows finished so I'm close to where I need to fold it and start working in the round.

This is going to look better than I thought it would and it isn't all that open so it should be nice and snuggly. I do know it's soft as a baby's.........well, you know :hook

Anyway, I will be getting the rest of the yarn I need to finish this, I just hope Wal Mart has some more, they only had 2 lilac when I was there, I guess I should have bought them both. There is another WM I can check so maybe...

Anyway, it's all you guy's fault for posting all those gorgeous pictures! :devil:lol:D

:frog

I've just started working in the round and it keeps looking better.

I will post a pic when I'm done.....someone has to keep up the vicious cycle ;)

I wish I knew. I'm just getting to the end of my 2 5 oz balls myself and am at the point where you're ch 6, sc after 5 dc. I'm holding 2 strands of yarn together for mine.

I think I'm going to need at least 3 more balls of each to be sure.

knitangel, the 2 1 lb balls of phentex should be enough, I used just under the 2 balls, also phentex. Unless you make it very large. I havn't posted a pic of my cocoon yet, (not allowed) I'm not at that level yet. Have to get bussy posting more....

Take care, Angie

Archived