this is similar to another thread, but...

for all of u out there, what seems to be the fastest and easiest pattern (or stitch) to use for afghans or lapghans?? i'm the kind that gets so "burnt out" when a pattern just drags on and on? especially like the round ripple....don't get me wrong, these turn out beautifully, but they just bore me after a while and i don't crochet very fast, so it takes me FOREVER!!1

ideas, please?

For speed I can't beat the shell. For speed and interest I like filet. But when I sit in my chair on a cold night and want real warmth there's nothing like the afghan that is all tunesian with no holes.

When I decide to hook something I know will soon get boring I keep it in its own bag to carry along to meetings and other times when I'm apt to have to wait a while. And I don't burden myself with a deadline for it. Otherwise I will burn out and get in a bad mood as I race to finish this thing I've grown to dislike!

I have a crochet rug I've been picking up here and there for more than a year. And when I go to a soccer game in Vermont's October afternoons it is FANTASTIC to have that draped over my lap whilst all the other moms are shivering:lol and looking at me with envy!

And don't forget the option of panels ... you can mix and match and have some very thin so they work up fast.

I went to a yard sale and in the free box I was shocked to see a "holey" afghan, in solid navy blue, all shells beautiful, no dangles or holes or errors ... which of course I brought home to place in the guest room on the blanket rack. But I can guess why it was being given away: it would stretch all out of shape way too easily.

I'll be interested to know what you decide to do and if it works for you.

Hook on!

I personally like two types.

I like the join as you go granny or yo yo designs. I like these because although they repetitive (which means I can remember them) change in color, joining-as-you-go (means no sewing) it just doesn't seem so tedious. Plus they are very durable and look solid. They are not monotonous to the point of tears just doing the same thing over and over.

My second favorite method is the MAM (Mile-A-Minute) the designs are endless again they are repetitive which means I can remember them but you can change up the colors for each strip to break it up and make it different and fun. Again very durable and retain its shape.

My personal favorite for this is the Blue Star Afghan.. you start with a round ripple, you make small grannies joining to make big grannies, have lots of color changes, join as you go you have , and have more round ripples and granny quickness,to finish it off.. I never get bored.

:manyheart

Archived