worked in the round with no joining

mc_crochets

Question

Ok, this my win me the biggest idiot award, but does "worked in the round with no joining" mean to get back to the beginning stitch and keep going around like a spiral?? Useally when I work in the round, you slip stitch, then chain the appropriate number to the stitch you are working...:think but that is joining right :think:ohdear:shrug:2blush:huh:loser:confused:rofl i'm confuseled!! LOL I really want to make the crossed bucket hat but I'm not starting it until I'm sure what to do :P:hook :hook :hook

Sherry

5 answers to this question

but does "worked in the round with no joining" mean to get back to the beginning stitch and keep going around like a spiral??

Yes! :D Around and around and around. Stitch markers are very handy to have so you can keep track of any stitch increases, but other than that you just keep going and going and going like the Energizer rabbit. ;)

And if the pattern doesn't say so, when you get close to the end of the finishing round, start using smaller stitches (if you're using doubles, go to singles and then to slip stitch). That way, you have a nice taper and don't have the end sticking out like a sore thumb.

And if the pattern doesn't say so, when you get close to the end of the finishing round, start using smaller stitches (if you're using doubles, go to singles and then to slip stitch).

I always do this, but I've never seen a pattern mention it!

And if the pattern doesn't say so, when you get close to the end of the finishing round, start using smaller stitches (if you're using doubles, go to singles and then to slip stitch). That way, you have a nice taper and don't have the end sticking out like a sore thumb.

I never thought of doing this before. Thanx for the great tip!!! I've always hated how the ends end up when doing rounds. This makes perfect sense. I can't wait to try it.

I never thought of doing this before. Thanx for the great tip!!! I've always hated how the ends end up when doing rounds. This makes perfect sense. I can't wait to try it.

I think that's why most people prefer doing rounds that are joined. But if the pattern doesn't call for beginning and ending color rows, spirals are so much easier for lazy people like me. Tapering the last row is just something I figured out for myself. You see, there are advantages to being lazy. :hook

Archived