Finished my first Vase....

Doey

Well I finished my first vase..... I used the rag doll but I removed the decorative strings and just left the wool. I will probably felt it sometime this week, if I get the time. So far it looks pretty good before its felted, I tried the hdc on it.... I hope my tight crocheting isnt too tight with the hdcs.

doey

I haven't had the time to felt it yet :( We have a massive event coming up at work and I have been working extra hours trying to get things in order. :eek Hopefully, I will be able to felt this weekend! Then I gotta figure out how to post a pic here. I see that you have to have a URL to attach the pics. So were do I get a URL? :think ANY ideas or suggestions on a good place?

Doey

You can open up a free account at www.photobucket.com You can upload you pics to that site. Then right click on the direct link indicator and click you mouse here on the yellow square with the mountain on it. One thing though, if a window doesn't come up. Do it again over the mountain and go up and allow the popup blocker to let the box come on. You will have to click the mountain again. Then paste the url in the box. I had the hardest time getting mine to post until I figured out that you have to disable the popup blocker. Can't wait to see your vase!

I actually have 6 made now, and Im working on 4 more... I havent felted yet, because I got some kind of stomach bug, :( and its doing a number on me. I do have my crocheting by my bed table, so I can work on it when I feel like it. :clap I did get the account to store pics on, so all I have to do is take some. Im off work monday so maybe I will be well enough to felt! Bare with me..... Im excited about getting them done too.

Doey

LOL.... :eek ( by the seat of my pants with no pattern ) :devil I just started crocheting some are round, oval, tall and I even made a little pitcher.... Im just playing around with different shapes and sizes, I also have a couple of bowls made 2, oval and round.

I crochet tight so I usually dont have a problem with my stuff not being stiff. :blush I remember using some Lambs Pride on a purse using a single strand and a single crochet and that purse is very thick and stiff. If I use a J hook I get a guage like an H or I. :( Dont know why I pull so tight... I am also a left hander crocheter, taught by a right handed person... I crochet holding the hook like you would a knitting needle.... its pretty interesting to watch me. LOL!!

Archived