New Glasses and crocheting

I got trifocals this summer and unfortunately the close is still not close enough. I think the doc is setting it where it is good for him (ie. 16"+ some) but I'm 5' tall, not 6' tall and my short arms don't hold work out at my knees either. Maybe next time I'll take my crochet with me, too! I am nearsighted so basically I take my glasses off for close work because, well, it's close, LOL! Just don't ask me to vacuum without them since I won't know what's on the carpet.

I got trifocals this summer and unfortunately the close is still not close enough. I think the doc is setting it where it is good for him (ie. 16"+ some) but I'm 5' tall, not 6' tall and my short arms don't hold work out at my knees either. Maybe next time I'll take my crochet with me, too! I am nearsighted so basically I take my glasses off for close work because, well, it's close, LOL! Just don't ask me to vacuum without them since I won't know what's on the carpet.
You sound like me. Without my glasses I am totally blind. When they asked me to read the chart with out my glasses. I told them I saw a fuzzy white spot on the wall and that was it........ I carry my old pair in the car with me as if I ever broke mine, there would be no way I could possibly drive home.

This is why I talked to the doctor about the focus difference. I am just over 5 foot and the average never works for me on most things. Just glad he listened. It truly has made a difference. Things I would normally take off my glasses for I don't have to. He did say that for truly fine work I would most likely have to take them off. Just not possible to do settings for everything.

Changing glasses is so hard. A few months ago I went from single lense to progressive TRIfocals. Took me weeks to get used to them. Still having some issues at work, but the crocheting is good to go.

You sound like me. Without my glasses I am totally blind. When they asked me to read the chart with out my glasses. I told them I saw a fuzzy white spot on the wall and that was it........ I carry my old pair in the car with me as if I ever broke mine, there would be no way I could possibly drive home. This is why I talked to the doctor about the focus difference. I am just over 5 foot and the average never works for me on most things. Just glad he listened. It truly has made a difference. Things I would normally take off my glasses for I don't have to. He did say that for truly fine work I would most likely have to take them off. Just not possible to do settings for everything.
My eyes are not as bad as yours, Kathy. I come in at about 20/220 which lets me see things across the room or down the road, but not in much detail. IF I were driving on a road I was very familiar with, I think I could do it, but don't ask me to read the road signs or catch more than the big stuff. I'm really glad your doctor paid attention to you! Having specs which actually work is terrific for you!

My eye doctor did the same thing. I took my 30ct gauze and said that I didn't mind using a magnifier but I needed to see "this". he actually made the bifocal 1/2 stronger so I could stitch easier. but since I never wore glasses I am having a hard time geting used to them.

Archived