Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies:hug

I have a hook still in a hat I started 2 weeks ago - maybe today (after I balance the checkbook) I'll finish it. It has a matching scarf, too, as part of the pattern. The color is Denim, in Bernat Softee Chunky.

Maybe...:think

Linda,

Is Sarge a miniature Schnauzer? A guy was in my store the other day and he had 2. He said they were actually smaller than the miniature at home. The 2 in the car weighed about 5 to 6 pounds and the miniature weighed about 10. I gave him my number to have his wife call me and tell me where she got them off exit 17. I would like to purchase a Schnauzer. I've wanted one for a long time. My great niece is 4 years old and I would like for it to grow up with her.

How much does Sarge weigh?

Sarge is my cat and he weighs in at about 14 pounds. Trouble is our miniature Schnauzer and she weighs about 11 - 12 pounds. I know that John bought Trouble somewhere near here. I'll have to check with him.

Thanks for all the compliments :hug Here is what it looks like on my back:

th_DSC07682.jpg

Karen, your shawl is lovely. Very, very nice work.

Hi, Gang! Come out, come out, wherever you are:lol

I joined a small batch of saltines together this morning and have REALLY begun my ATW ghan! I'll be keeping this one...I think:think

Good Monday Morning Ladies :flower

I am on my second color of my 2 strander. I would be farther along, but I decided yesterday to visit the frog pond. When I started on the 'original' second color, I liked it. When I got home from work yesterday and got it out of it's tote bag, I decided I didn't like the color, so I frogged 3 rows of it and started with another color. When I first started this one, I was going to change colors every few rows, but the thought of having another ghan with lots of ends to weave in didn't sound too appealing, so I am making it with big panels of color (use and entire skein of 1st color, switch to 2nd color and use entire skein, then back to 1st color, etc.). But then an inspiration hit me last night when I was folding it up, so I am altering it again :lol

Hilly is home from school again today. She got back from my mom and dad's house yesterday evening, and her leg was swollen from the knee down. I called her Doc last night, and he said to keep her out of her brace, keep her leg elevated high, and keep putting ice on it. Well, no brace = no school. I haven't looked at it today yet, because she is still sleeping. Hopefully the swelling is down and stays down so she can finally get back to school. Well, she is now awake and calling for me so I better check on her.

Have a great day everyone :hook

I forgot to add that I started another rug. This one is going to be a 2 strand scrap cotton rug. I was looking for something yesterday and came across all of my scrap cotton from the dishcloths I've made and boy, do I have a lot of small scraps, but not enough to make it the size I want, so this one will take a long time to finish.

I sure do have a lot of projects going...at least I won't get bored making just one thing at a time :lol

Hi Judy. I am up after having slept from 4pm to a little while ago. At least today I managed to stay awake most of the day. Today...in 7 hours... I will be in a classroom so I will have to function.

Anyway yesterday I went to visit my parents and to show them the photos of the folks I met up with in Italy and to give mum her gifts;she loved everything we bought her.

When we got home something strange was happening with our power. We noticed that only some things were working and others were not. The computer was not working but the washing machine did work. Really strange. So we checked the fuse box and could not work out what was wrong. After ringing our electrician who told us that this was happening to many homes in our area, I gave up and went to bed. My Dh tells me that within an hour everything was back to normal.

So now I can sit and crochet a while under the fan. It is so hot at the moment. I must say I really enjoyed the cold in Europe.

Ines...sounds like gremlins got to the power source!:) Glad it's okay now.

Mel...sounds like Hilly had her leg down too much yesterday. I', sure whe'll be okay today!

Mel...sounds like Hilly had her leg down too much yesterday. I', sure whe'll be okay today!

The only time she was up and about yesterday was when she went to church. Once she got back to mom and dad's, she sat in the recliner with it reclined fully out.

The Doc said that the brace is probably pushing some of the fluid out of the knee area and it is traveling south toward her foot. He wants to get her into therapy soon to help with the swelling.

She is finally up and the swelling is down some. Let's hope it stays that way.

The only time she was up and about yesterday was when she went to church. Once she got back to mom and dad's, she sat in the recliner with it reclined fully out.

The Doc said that the brace is probably pushing some of the fluid out of the knee area and it is traveling south toward her foot. He wants to get her into therapy soon to help with the swelling.

She is finally up and the swelling is down some. Let's hope it stays that way.

Mel, hope Hilly is doing better today. Those knees can be very tricky. Don't forget to take care of yourself while taking care of her. :hug :hug :hug

Good night, ladies - if anyone is out there.:hug Been quiet here...

I have 12 Aran saltines waiting to be joined tomorrow - will also try to finish most of the Friends squares I still need to make.

Just checking in quickly before an early bedtime. I spent the evening adding about a dozen or so rows onto my 2SUB fluffy blanket for our future spare room. It's getting closer to done finally (after I bought more fun-fur fluffy stuff to work with this weekend).

Good morning, everyone. Hope you all have a peaceful and happy day. It's going to be quiet around here today, so maybe I'll get a bunch of crocheting done. :crocheting

Good Morning Ladies :)

Karen-your blanket sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

Val-I hope you got a good nights sleep, and that your meeting goes well.

Judy-sounds like you are moving right along with your saltines.

I am making good progress on my latest project-my 2SUR. I know I won't have enough scraps of cotton to finish the rug the size I want, so I will work on it until I run out of scraps, then wait for more. I am making it 48 inches wide and it is 12 inches long so far.

I snapped a couple of pictures of it this morning and thought I'd share.

This is doubled over

th_Cotton2SUR1.jpg

The regular size

th_Cotton2SUR1a.jpg

both clickable for larger view

Hi Linda.

It is quiet here today too. Hilly went back to school, so I finally have some time to myself. I may go back to bed for a while since I had to get up at 6:30 so I could take her to school. I do know that I will be crocheting today. :hook

Karen, that blaket sounds nice! How close are you to finishing it? Love to see a pic when it's done:hook

Thanks :hug I have about two feet left to go. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning (or later this evening) after I get more done on it tonight.

Karen-your blanket sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

I am making good progress on my latest project-my 2SUR. I know I won't have enough scraps of cotton to finish the rug the size I want, so I will work on it until I run out of scraps, then wait for more. I am making it 48 inches wide and it is 12 inches long so far.

I snapped a couple of pictures of it this morning and thought I'd share.

This is doubled over

th_Cotton2SUR1.jpg

The regular size

th_Cotton2SUR1a.jpg

both clickable for larger view

Thanks :hug I like your rug! I have yet to see one of these blankets actually look "ugly" :lol They are all lovely! And great stashbusters :D

Turns out I didn't get too much done last night so I'll wait to take a picture of the blankie once it is done. Sorry to make you guys wait :blush I really hope to have it done by the end of the weekend. It has been a WIP for too long now!

Archived