AA's daily free pattern for 10/25/07

AA's daily free pattern for 10/25/07 is for a felted Tricolor Tote if anyone is interested.

FYI - AA shows the pattern as designed by Lion Brand from the Learn to Felt for Crocheters booklet. Amazon.com shows the booklet with the American School of Needlework (Author) & Bobbie Matela (Editor), copyright 2006 and it's booklet #1414.

HTH! :hook

I did let AA know about the info I found at Amazon.com and, much to my surprise, I did get an e-mail back from them this morning. (I usually don't hear anything back from them if/when I contact them about a possible error in AA's FPOTD.) I visited the site this afternoon and I see that they did add the copyright yr to the pattern sometime today. :)

Here's part of the reply from the e-mail from AA:

"Thank you for your e-mail. The copyright year is 2006 and we will modify the copyright line to include that information as soon as possible. My records show the designer listed is correct. It was one design in a pattern book published by American School of Needlework, that is also correct. So Bobbie Matela was the book editor, but not necessarily the designer on all patterns included in Learn to Felt for Crocheters."

What I know of it .. it is when you knit or crochet something with wool yarn and then wash in hot water and such to "felt" it .. it shrinks and the stitches get really tight thus looking like felt.

It was cool when I made my purse.

:manyheart

I did let AA know about the info I found at Amazon.com and, much to my surprise, I did get an e-mail back from them this morning. (I usually don't hear anything back from them if/when I contact them about a possible error in AA's FPOTD.) I visited the site this afternoon and I see that they did add the copyright yr to the pattern sometime today. :)

Here's part of the reply from the e-mail from AA:

"Thank you for your e-mail. The copyright year is 2006 and we will modify the copyright line to include that information as soon as possible. My records show the designer listed is correct. It was one design in a pattern book published by American School of Needlework, that is also correct. So Bobbie Matela was the book editor, but not necessarily the designer on all patterns included in Learn to Felt for Crocheters."

I think Annie's Attic owns The American School of Needlework (or is it the other way around? Or they're owned by a parent company...whatever)

So, it's not like they lifted the pattern from someone else...they own the copyright to it, it's probably been published in more than two books.

Archived