Wool-Ease Yarn

ARRRRRGGH. I haven't really made anything with Wool-Ease before, but I have about 12 skeins in my stash that I have had for years. I've been using it to make a prayer shawl, and I absolutely hate it. It is so stiff and splits while I'm working with it. I will use up what I have, I'm on a shawl roll, but will never use it again!

Does anyone else feel this way?? Does it get softer?? :no

I have never had a problem with woolease splitting or being stiff. Every skein I have bought has been soft and easy to work with and the skeins my swap partner sent me are soft also. Not sure what to tell you since I just finished an afghan using it and RH soft yarn and it is super soft and comfy and was a breeze to work up.

I made a shawl with WoolEase and found it easy to work with, didn't split and was soft. But I did find that it doesn't have much 'stretch' to it and the finished shawl didn't stretch and soften like most yarns do. Hope that makes sense!

Kim

I didn't have a problem with splitting, but I agree that it's not very soft. I made a shawl with it. Loved the color, the stitch, the yarn worked up well, but it was so scratchy that I gave it away.

I'm using a J hook. I agree, I like the color, and it does show the special stitches beautifully, but I agree to me it is scratchy.

As far as the splitting goes, I've had this yarn for over 5 years, maybe they wind the plys tighter now. I don't know.

Archived