Witch Hat w/Reflective Edging

Crafty Witch

I did this for an exchange on Yahoo Groups.

Show%20off%20hat.jpg

This picture was taken indoors to show the hat itself. Boy, was I surprised at how well the reflective edging showed up.

Witch%20Hat%20Dark%20Out.jpg

This picture was taken with a flash on a dark street to show off the reflective edging.

The reflective edging is a 1/16" Scotchlite ribbon. I have some left that I can send to people to experiment with. If enough people are interested, or one person wants a sufficient quantity, I can contact the vendor for more. At that point though, I'll probably be reselling the stuff.

Witch%20Hat%20Dark%20Out.jpg

I love it! It sure is neat to work that reflective tape into the edge. I usually come home after trick-or-treating has started and I'm always terrified I'm going to hit a poor kid who isn't paying attention and wearing a dark costume. Of course, you have that same fear on any given night but not as bad... don't know how many times there have been people walking you just don't see until you're on top of them.

Anyway, enough side track... I love the shaping and 'crookedness' of the cone. It's not perfect, nor should it be. And the brim is a perfect size and just floppy enough. Wonderful job!

Archived