Felting question

crochetfun

Has anyone had experience with crocheting a piece for felting and then cutting it to shape?

I have had problems trying to get the right size when crocheting bags for felting. I am considering the above method. Any advice?

:ty

I got to thinking the other day about Farmer Boy and how it talked about Almanzo's mom's fullcloth - the wool that she'd woven into cloth and shrunk... and then made clothes out of. sounds like it was fulled to me.

Good luck with everything! Let us know how it goes too, inquiring minds want to know! lol

good luck! can't wait to see it! :)

I've actually used this method to put buttonholes into fulled items. I tried it with a swatch first -- very tightly fulled, I cut a hole and checked to see if it was going to fall apart or fray. It didn't, but I also seamed around the opening to ensure that it wasn't going to.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm curious. How did the cutting of a felted item turn out? Was it tightly felted when you cut it? I'm anxious to start my first felting project. Just waiting on the perfect yarn to come my way. and still researching the whole idea.

Archived