Yarn store, pull over!

Haha, that's exactly what happened. My husband and I took a four-day weekend to drive from NC to AL for him to ride motorcycle track days on Saturday and Sunday. I bring my yarn and tag along to help out and to be supportive. Some of the track wives never come.

Just before Talladega, I pointed out a Hobby Lobby visible from the interstate. He said we could stop on the way back. I thought he was joking, but he said he was serious.

Unfortunately, our trip was cut short. His bike started leaking fluid after less than an hour of riding and we had to pack up and go home. He actually took it really well, even after the hotel stuck us with the bill for our reservation.

On the way back, we stopped as promised. He found a Best Buy next door and came out with a huge bag. That made him feel a lot better :).

Hobby Lobby is interesting. We don't have them back home. I've only heard of them on this board. The store was twice as big as AC Moore. They had a lot of specialty yarns, which is not my thing. They had a great notions section, though. I have NEVER seen an aluminum N hook before! I bought one...and the Needlemaster set. *ducks* Haha, it was a bargain and I knit a little. I don't know how knitters can afford to buy all those needles seperately.

Lucky you! We don't have Hobby Lobbys here in New York state either.

I'm jealous of your needlemaster! I have a Denise set and want to try the needlemaster set too...oh and the knit picks options set someday! You can never have too many hooks or needles I say!

oh i just got a needlemaster set recently, and i love it, i was looking at the denise set and the knitpicks set but the needlemaster was the only one that went down to 2, although i do wish it had one cable that was a shorter length. oh well, gotta figure out which one is better for your uses

That's so nice! Sorry your trip was cut short and I've never heard of Hobby Lobby except on here. Sounds cool! I love my aluminium N? I knit also and shop mostly at Joann's and Michael's and I buy my needles and hooks when I have 40 or 50 percent off coupons!

I have NEVER seen an aluminum N hook before! I bought one...and the Needlemaster set. *ducks* Haha, it was a bargain and I knit a little. I don't know how knitters can afford to buy all those needles seperately.

Sorry to hear that your trip didn't go as planned, but glad you had a good time at Hobby Lobby! You're going to LOVE your aluminum N hook! I use mine for afghans all the time, and if you use it for shawls they go up in no time at all! :cheer

Elle

Archived