Sun-Tea dyeing - *Write-Up Posted!*

cajunwhacko

I have my dye... I have my yarn... and now I'm just trying to talk mom into helping me wind the yarn off into hanks. No point not having any fun just cause I only have one good arm, right?

:hyper

After much looking around, I've decided to do the sun-tea method, which I haven't seen on here... I figure if I'm stuck in Flori-duh I might as well let the sun do some work for me! Plus mom has some huge jars she said I can use. :devil I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Oh, and unless something happens (again lol) my colors are Arctic Green Apple and Changin' Cherry... :hook

Hehe it does sound Christmasy, but the cherry turns blue :clap

I was going to use mandarin tangerine instead of the cherry, but green and orange reminded me too much of frankenstein for some reason? wonder what's in these meds? lol

let me see if I can find the link again.

Basically as I understand it, you mix up your dye and put it in big jars in the sun with your prepped yarn. Then the sun does the work, and you don't risk stinking up the microwave! lol

I'll let you know as soon as I find something!

Oh, and tween - my vicodin! An I'm not sharing! :P lol

Edit:

I did a search and only came up with one site - the one that I'd seen it on. How convenient! It's toward the bottom of the page. http://www.cybersecretary.com/fiber/weaving.html

Sounds neat Anne. Please let us know how it turns out. I use an old crock pot for my dyeing instead of the microwave. haven't tried dyeing with the sun yet. Will have to give that a try.

• 4 weeks later...

wow those look great!! I think I'll have to go with this method as well, my kids like to "help" too much if i do things where they can reach :lol :lol

Archived