Call 1-800-Walmart

Real Deal

While in the local Walmart craft department one day, a new employee was helping me by cutting some fabric. My sister starting chatting with him (yes, him) and told him how upset we were that Walmart kept adding more "fun" yarns that nobody was buying, while cutting out a lot of our regular ww standby yarn. He told us to call 1-800-Walmart and tell them what we want.

According to him, if you e-mail or write letters, you are ignored. If you call, you are much more likely to have your complaint or concern looked into. He said to spread the word. If we want our yarn back, we have to say so.

Real Deal :hook

Well!!!!!!!!! I may be calling that number on a daily basis to express my disappointment. If the Big Brass come down on them, maybe just maybe, something will change!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a good number to call for anything that really bugs you. I use to work for Wal-mart & they hate for people to use that number cause then the big brass comes down on them!:eek

Finally a number we can call to get our yarn back. We just got the Super Wal-Mart in our town and let me tell you there is nothing super about it!:lol

We had a good selection of yarn until IT came. My husband and I call it Satan Mart:lol Did anyone catch the documentary on Wal Mart? I think it was on Starz channel or something. That is one horrible place to work for! I felt really bad for the poor people in China working for them. They were stacked like sardines into these tiny apartments making 3 dollars a week!!! Then they had all kinds of EPA violations in the US along with all kinds of horrible atrocities in their parking lots, abductions, body dumps, murders and those were some of the nicer ones. Yet they were too cheap to hire a security guard to drive around in a golf cart for minimum wage!! Money hungry people!:angry

Well!!!!!!!!! I may be calling that number on a daily basis to express my disappointment. If the Big Brass come down on them, maybe just maybe, something will change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the big brass isn't going to come down on any local store for dismantling their yarn/stitchery sections, as this is a company-wide mandate that came directly from the corporate offices.

At the current time, all my sources indicate that Wal-Mart has no intention of reversing their decision to eliminate the stitchery sections from all their stores by the end of 2008. But, if enough people to call in and register complaints, it's possible they could reverse that decision, at least in certain stores and areas. I have a feeling, though, that they are not going to decide to keep that section in all of their stores. :(

It is only since the son took over all this nonsense is happening. His father must be turning over (several times). I have family members who used to work for them, and couldn't believe some of the garbage going on. Taking out life insurance policies on employees without the employees knowledge, playing with time cards and messing up employee checks are just a few. They say they are for the community, but certainly not for employees. Oh wait, aren't employees part of the community?

My walmart is expanding scrapbooking, keeping material and sewing, but the yarn section is shrinking big time.

Just wanted to add, please also call if they start offering/keep offering something that you love, because businesses really do like to hear what they're doing right (much easier for them to keep doing something than to change it out or do something new). :)

Archived