Anyone doing a sock crochet along?

catlyn

I wish I could, but I have too many irons in the fire. Maybe in a few weeks? I've got a car trip to GA and back coming up, so I should be able to get some of it done!

I haven't figured out socks yet, I'm halfway through one that I'm going to have to frog, because silly me used the recommended hook size when I know I have to go up two sizes! :angry

Amanda

I have several patterns and the yarn but have not gotten them started on my own. Maybe this could be the push that I need. Our early Fall is leading me to believe that good warm socks are going to be needed this winter.

I'm interested in participating. :yes Just finished my very first pair of crocheted socks - worked flat and sewn together. Currently working on my first in-the-round crocheted socks, the Grafton Fibers toe-up pattern. I plan to try other patterns as well. Socks are fun! :hook

there have been several threads on the best simple pattern-

I, personally, like the book Crocheted Socks! by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood

I think a first sock should be made with worsted weight wool bcz the stitches are easier to see-

Alot of ppl like the after thought toe and heel-

I haven't tried this one yet but I will if there is a sock-a-long

Archived